Drunkard #1

Expert Member
No no no! You've done your calculations wrong! Vodacon is cheapest; their average call rate is 4c/minute. I could prove it to you, but then I'd have to release super-top-secret data that you can't handle.

Allin

Expert Member
Not so sure about the 40/60 metric, but yes, Telkom mobile is cheap, and I haven't heard of any problems with it

teletub

Off-course Vodacom is the cheapest, so is MTN, just one problem.....they use a speculative "discount" method, available to minimal part of the subscriber base........ I hope ICASA stick to their guns on the MTR's.....time for a size down of MTN and Vodacom....

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Not so sure about the 40/60 metric, but yes, Telkom mobile is cheap, and I haven't heard of any problems with it

I ported to 8ta from Cell C. I constantly suffer loss of network and at those times, calls get routed to the Cell C voicemail, making it impossible for me to retrieve my messages. THAT IS A HUGE PROBLEM. The network quality is poor in many areas and I am sure when roaming on MTN, they get second class service.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I ported to 8ta from Cell C. I constantly suffer loss of network and at those times, calls get routed to the Cell C voicemail, making it impossible for me to retrieve my messages. THAT IS A HUGE PROBLEM. The network quality is poor in many areas and I am sure when roaming on MTN, they get second class service.

Maybe the porting was done "incorrectly"..

You should not be getting Cell C Voicemail, I would get that checked out, could be more of a provisioning issue rather than network.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Maybe the porting was done "incorrectly"..

You should not be getting Cell C Voicemail, I would get that checked out, could be more of a provisioning issue rather than network.

I would have no way of knowing this and phoning Telkom is no help what so ever. It drives me nuts.

Tinuva

The Magician
I have ported from Autopage (MTN) to 8ta/Telkom Mobile, and haven't had any issues yet. That said, I have never needed to receives sms's from international, which apparently is a problem if you have ported to 8ta/Telkom.

As for signal, I have great signal strength and quality in Cape Town CBD and Cape Town Northern Suburbs, as well as the few times I was in Pretoria South East.

The only time I see my phone going to MTN towers, is when I am outside of the major cities, and even then I had no issues. Mostly very happy with Telkom Mobile.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Virgin Mobile is the best network for cheap calls to any network any time with every 3rd minute free charged @ 99c per minute its works out to only 66c.