• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Cheapest SA Email Hosting?

McGuywer

Executive Member
Hi all,

What is the cheapest email hosting offer in South Africa?
A mailbox with at least 100MB space.

IOPS

Any reason it has to be hosted locally?
Gmail addresses are free.

Hetzner are a good option to look for, although the days of having only a hosted mailbox is probably over. You'll have to take a hosting package.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Any reason it has to be hosted locally?
Gmail addresses are free.

Hetzner are a good option to look for, although the days of having only a hosted mailbox is probably over. You'll have to take a hosting package.
Thank you for the reply but I am looking at a custom domain email account. [MENTION=59695]gmail[/MENTION].com would not do.

$5 per user per month is also rather expensive.

OCP

Expert Member
Doubt you'll find cheaper than Afrihost.

https://www.afrihost.com/site/product/domain_email

R19pm for 300MB quota and up to 10 email accounts.
Do you hate the OP?

Why for the love of all that is good would you suggest an ISP with the worst service and support?

@OP - give Domains.co.za a chance.
I moved most of my AH clients there and we have not had a single problem/no downtime/excellent support and pricing is more than fair. (Remember you get what you pay for)

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Do you hate the OP?

Why for the love of all that is good would you suggest an ISP with the worst service and support?

@OP - give Domains.co.za a chance.
I moved most of my AH clients there and we have not had a single problem/no downtime/excellent support and pricing is more than fair. (Remember you get what you pay for)
Just wants to host an email. Surely they can manage that.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Thanx all for the suggestions.
Currently with Afrihost and would like to move as I am unhappy.
Seems elitehost is the one I need.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Thanx all for the suggestions.
Currently with Afrihost and would like to move as I am unhappy.
Seems elitehost is the one I need.
Domains.co.za is better than Elitehost in all respects if you're going to pay slightly more to have email.

Thor

Honorary Master
Get a domain and then forward it to Gmail.

Otherwise get a Cpanal package and setup your own mail it's dead simple will take you 3 minutes.
I can do it for you, for free (the setup).

mister

Executive Member
What is the cheapest email hosting offer in South Africa?
A mailbox with at least 100MB space.
I know it's not what you asked... (not in south africa), but I'm happily using zoho mail on a couple co.za domains. I think it's free for around 25 users, with a couple GB per user.

mister

Executive Member
Thanks, that's perfect for what I need right now.
I find navigating the zoho system a bit of a bitch. It always takes me a while to find out where to add new users etc... but once it's set up it works great. I use IMAP on all my accounts and have not had any issues.

Like [MENTION=304573]Thor[/MENTION] said, get a Cpanel account, host your own mail.

As mentioned before, https://support.curacaowebhosting.com/cart.php?gid=14 can do this for you but probably out of your budget. Price includes a website + addon domains so a pretty good deal.

The amount of crap that comes with dealing with clients email, anything less is just not worth it. I take my hat off to afrihost, R19 to host mail and the pebkac issues that go with it... pff