Checkers now supports free 1-hour deliveries in Cape Town and Sandton

falcon786

Honorary Master
My area isn't supported yet but I think this is a great initiative!

sgs

Wonder - does this count as Checkers or Online spend for Ebucks purposes... :)

newdeal

Wonder - does this count as Checkers or Online spend for Ebucks purposes... :)
Thats the first thing that I was interested in knowing.
The second thing I'm interested in knowing is if their new X card would be able to be used here.

sgs

App seems buggy. If I scroll on the product list, it gets progressively more sluggish the further down I scroll.
Going to need some tweaking, methinks.

Apogee

Hope they succeed.

McDelivery started out strong in the area with 15-30 minutes delivery, but has since raised their prices and lowered their service levels to the point that it is totally unpractical.

Budza

Executive Member
Just ordered. I'm not officially in their 'free' zone, but there was no delivery fee.

Order + 15% reserved vs card, let's hope they don't recover delivery fee from that!

daveza

Honorary Master
I'm in a test zone - time to order a liter of milk and a Kit-Kat.

Budza

Executive Member
Just ordered. I'm not officially in their 'free' zone, but there was no delivery fee.

Order + 15% reserved vs card, let's hope they don't recover delivery fee from that!
The oke was here in under an hour. The cold things were cold.

Arrived on a Checkers branded and colour bike. Not sure if there's a checkout limit to ensure everything will fit on a bike?

Good stuff. I wonder what their delivery charges will end up being?

groen_mamba

I've (mis)used this app several times and find it very convenient and delivery is always within an hour. Had to speak to a call centre agent once for an incorrect delivery, kept the wrong delivery and got the right one shortly thereafter.

Lady said delivery will be R35 once it's formally rolled out. Also have had deliveries from vehicles as well, so I guess size of order doesn't matter.

MirageF1

Executive Member
I'll wait for it to hit the lazy Constantia environ before I order my pie, coke and bar one as a test run... :)