Checkers Sixty60 versus Woollies Dash

wbot

Executive Member
Had some major issues with them a couple of times (like 8hr late deliveries) but overall I'm really happy with Sixty60. No reason for me to use PnP or Woolies delivery.

Zook

During early lockdown Woolies would offer deliveries a week or so out. Didn’t change for months. In a pandemic it doesn’t dawn on them maybe to hire a few more delivery people? Why even show stock amounts a week ahead of time? They deserve every bit of lost business.

Checkers has since had a ton of my business. I’ve had deliveries arrive 20 minutes after ordering, not 1.5 weeks like Woolworths. Sure I’ll go in and buy, but for daily work from home Checkers has been unbeatable.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Yeah WW deliveries were a real disappointment during the height of lockdown, I remember delivery dates of 2.5 weeks after ordering. I held off on Sixty60 initially but the time cost of physically going in store and filling up a trolley for my old man every week became too much to bear!

What do you guys tip the Sixty60 drivers? I've settled on R30 when they deliver to my old man and R25 for when they deliver to me. Order values tend to be anything from R700 to R900 each time, I tend to fill up the cart to the max 30 items.

surface

Honorary Master
Yeah WW deliveries were a real disappointment during the height of lockdown, I remember delivery dates of 2.5 weeks after ordering. I held off on Sixty60 initially but the time cost of physically going in store and filling up a trolley for my old man every week became too much to bear!

What do you guys tip the Sixty60 drivers? I've settled on R30 when they deliver to my old man and R25 for when they deliver to me. Order values tend to be anything from R700 to R900 each time, I tend to fill up the cart to the max 30 items.
15 rands but I think I paid more couple of times since I didn't have exact 15. Our orders are typically between 400-500.

wbot

Executive Member

Usually R10-R15. My orders are usually 10 or so items, never more than 2 bags

RedViking

Nord of the South

Do one have to tip the driver or do they get a basic salary?

OnlyOneKenobi

There still seem to be issues with stock availability - and amusingly, when you decide to go to a nearby Checkers yourself a couple of hours later, you find an abundance of the "sold out" items that you tried to order on the app earlier on the same day. I suppose the particular branch the shopper was at might not have the item in stock, but sheesh... what are the odds that it's completely sold out at one store and practically overflowing at the next?

wbot

Executive Member
There still seem to be issues with stock availability - and amusingly, when you decide to go to a nearby Checkers yourself a couple of hours later, you find an abundance of the "sold out" items that you tried to order on the app earlier on the same day. I suppose the particular branch the shopper was at might not have the item in stock, but sheesh... what are the odds that it's completely sold out at one store and practically overflowing at the next?
Happens all the time with me. There are items on the app that are permanently out of stock but when you go in store you find plenty.

OnlyOneKenobi

Happens all the time with me. There are items on the app that are permanently out of stock but when you go in store you find plenty.
Last time I used the app, the items weren't even listed as out of stock until the shopper had to do their thing... these particular items are somewhat heavy so I anticipated that the driver would not easily deliver them on their scooter... but it was on the app and in stock, so I ordered it.
Lo and behold when the time came to shop and deliver... it was magically out of stock, until I went to the shop myself.

cronjec

Been a weekly Woolworths online shopper for years but since Checkers Sixty60 started operating in my area I have switched over. Great app and shopping experience with a much wider range of products. Easy to report and resolve product issues via the app and so far always delivered on time. Woolworths delivery in my area has been a hit and miss experience lately (when one can find a convenient delivery slot) with deliveries sometimes arriving late or only the next day when they are busy.

surface

Honorary Master
Do one have to tip the driver or do they get a basic salary?
Tbh, I am not one of the tippers (I used to tip only at restaurants & for food delivery) but post covid, I tend to tip even the car guards to whom I never ever tipped before except in highly unusual circumstances. Of course tip is not as generous as some do here.

I will probably ask drivers next time I order. But if someone thinks if tip would be affected, would you expect an answer? :unsure:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Tbh, I am not one of the tippers (I used to tip only at restaurants & for food delivery) but post covid, I tend to tip even the car guards to whom I never ever tipped before except in highly unusual circumstances. Of course tip is not as generous as some do here.

I will probably ask drivers next time I order. But if someone thinks if tip would be affected, would you expect an answer? :unsure:
Better to ask Checkers instead of the drivers.

The problem is I dont keep any kind of cash on me. So that means I have to go to one of those machines that spit paper out while the skelms are watching and 1000's have touched it with their pee hands.

:laugh:

wbot

Executive Member

The problem is I dont keep any kind of cash on me. So that means I have to go to one of those machines that spit paper out while the skelms are watching and 1000's have touched it with their pee hands.

You don't need cash :) You tip the driver on the app when you checkout

RedViking

Nord of the South
You don't need cash :) You tip the driver on the app when you checkout
Oh... now how am I supposed to know that. So it is like Zapper.

In that case depending on what the prices looks like compared to in store, I would consider tipping.

surface

Honorary Master

I use Send Money when that happens. They all have cell phones.