Checkers Sixty60 versus Woollies Dash

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

maumau

Honorary Master
Wanted to try Woolies Dash - what a horror! The site was unbearably slow so I tried 30 minutes later, same thing.

Can't be bothered but it's a pity because they're the only ones with mung bean sprouts and fresh pepperito peppers.

_kabal_

Expert Member
Impressed with Sixty60 and pnp bottles tbh when I have used them. Much simpler getting a few cases of beer delivered to my door in less than an hour.
I do however kind of like pushing a trolley up and down the isles :X3:

Substitutions is a bit of a pain, because there are “lots” of items I would rather not get than substitute - they need to implement a quicker way to do this in the apps

for tipping I have become “soft”. If I am spending like 800 rand on petrol or getting food delivered, what is 20-30 bucks in the grand scheme. One of those “means more to them than to me” situation.
car guards however, no

surface

Honorary Master
Wanted to try Woolies Dash - what a horror! The site was unbearably slow so I tried 30 minutes later, same thing.

Can't be bothered but it's a pity because they're the only ones with mung bean sprouts and fresh pepperito peppers.
Could you be bothered to do mung bean sprouts at home? It is really really very easy and 1 kg of mung beans from "Indian" shops will cost you 2 tiny packets of woolies sprouts but would be enough for you to sprout for 3-4 months depending on how much you use.

maumau

Honorary Master
Could you be bothered to do mung bean sprouts at home? It is really really very easy and 1 kg of mung beans from "Indian" shops will cost you 2 tiny packets of woolies sprouts but would be enough for you to sprout for 3-4 months depending on how much you use.

That's a REALLY good idea and something I hadn't thought of.

Will look into that because the WW sprouts are ridiculously expensive and go off quickly.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Has anyone been paid back the additional amount that is reserved on Sixty60?

I've checked multiple orders and the amount was never reversed. As awesome as the service is, this is a scummy move...

surface

Honorary Master
Has anyone been paid back the additional amount that is reserved on Sixty60?

I've checked multiple orders and the amount was never reversed. As awesome as the service is, this is a scummy move...
What? I checked last 5 orders and "Total" (on app) always matches with my credit card statement. Not even once they have deducted 'Final Pre-authorisation' amount, which I believe is the additional amount you are talking about?

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Checkers just delivered mushrooms with an expiry date of today. We weren't planning on eating them today.
Dumb.

And the kicker... the "submit an issue" option in the app does squat (doesn't send feedback)

dunkyd

Executive Member
P&P , despite being only a next day service, were spot on with delivery time.
Told me at 7am it would be 10.57 and arrived at 11.00. Frozen stuff still frozen.

surface

Honorary Master
Checkers just delivered mushrooms with an expiry date of today. We weren't planning on eating them today.
Dumb.

And the kicker... the "submit an issue" option in the app does squat (doesn't send feedback)
Never received today's expiry date items from checkers till now, could be just a glitch? In fact, I noticed that they seem to send fresh items with longer expiry - good strategy if done intentionally.

I used 'Submit an issue' only once - nothing happened. No one called me, emailed me, nada. It wasn't a big deal though and 1 minor issue out of 10+ successful orders is achievement.

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
Two biggest problems with Woolies Dash --

No option to tip, and no driver tracking system.

surface

Honorary Master
Sho. Riots has affected Sixty60 as nobody's business. Today's slots for Sixty are gone already (in our area) and woolies only for 20th July./

wbot

Executive Member
Ja sixty60 is closed for today in my area as well. No deliveries. Checkers is still open though

JSparrow

Expert Member
I managed to get an order in on sixty60.

I will see if I get it. My previous order was cancelled by them

surface

Honorary Master
I managed to get an order in on sixty60.

I will see if I get it. My previous order was cancelled by them
Yesterday, I got a slot of 1500 but link between app & fnb app was broken as I never got any Approve popup.

I had added items yesterday and clicked checkout as soon as they opened. Delivery on way as per app. Yeast & Bread out of stock though. Correction. I ordered 2 yeast packets each of different brand and Anchor yeast is out of stock.