China at a COVID Tipping Point

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I have a sinking feeling again… a bad feeling I had 2 years ago, when Wuhan was in a state of panic trying to control the initial outbreak, that the events in China could ripple across the world. I hope I am wrong, but here is why I have this same feeling again…

As of today, mainland China now has city-wide COVID-19 lockdowns in effect in:

• Shenzhen (12.5 million)
  • Dongguan (10.5 million)
  • Langfang (5.5 million)
  • Whole-province-wide lockdown in Jilin (24 million),
  • Partial-lockdown restriction in Shanghai (26 million)
  • And in Xian (13 million)

Altogether, there’s currently over 50 million residents of major cities under strict, stay at home, lockdown, plus almost 40 million more in partial lockdown, plus additional smaller medium cities also in varying degrees of lockdown. Thus, well over 90 million people in China have their daily activities restricted because of the new COVID surge. As result, China’s stock market so far this week has seen some of the largest drops in recent memory.

Source: https://medriva.com/china-at-a-covid-tipping-point/

JayM

Expert Member
Omicron can't be contained. Even if they nail people's doors shut like they did in Wuhan. And their vaccine is rubbish too.

Zophos

Expert Member
Yeah, we're not falling for that one again China....pull the other one...:cautious:

Okty

Expert Member
Yip, saw it yesterday in the news, thinking here we go again.

rietrot

Honorary Master
More importantly than the Chinese terrorising their own citizens with useless and unnecessary lockdowns again. The lockdowns are also affecting mayor ports and could delay shipping.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle

ChuckMeFarley

More importantly than the Chinese terrorising their own citizens with useless and unnecessary lockdowns again. The lockdowns are also affecting mayor ports and could delay shipping.
Not could, is delaying shipping from the affected ports.

The Darkness

Expert Member
China should be forced to declare exactly which strain this is. It’s exactly because of their concealment in the first place that the entire planet has been brought to third knees. If it IS omnicron then their data is skewed. Here in SA things are fine considering.