China gifts SA with R370bn

The_MAC

Expert Member
Well, in all honesty, making more debt to solve your existing debt is the standard protocol of pretty much every South African household.. Budgeting better, cutting costs, downsizing, pffftt, what is that..

thechamp

Honorary Master
Well, in all honesty, making more debt to solve your existing debt is the standard protocol of pretty much every South African household.. Budgeting better, cutting costs, downsizing, pffftt, what is that..
There are times when it is just necessary on top of all that.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Don't really see the issue with this, if it gets us out the mess?
Its more debt, for a debt riddled country.

This is an investment. Sub-editor writes the headlines - they will probably write anything to get clicks. Also, "South Africa invests eight times more in China than the other way around. "

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/south-africa-invests-much-more-in-china-2018-7
The $14.7 billion (R193 billion) in Chinese investments – which include loans to Transnet and Eskom

The_MAC

Expert Member
Don't really see the issue with this, if it gets us out the mess?
Yes, if this is the last loan/gift/present/soul-exchange then you are right, but I doubt this is going to be so efficient i.e. 50% into the country, 50% into the trough- not to mention the fact that the root causes have not been addressed, its effectively a band-aid on a gashing wound.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
What a blessee of a useless country. Our leaders are the most stupid people to have ever lived. I hope one day they all don't make it into heaven with all the crap they've caused to innocent people. My goodness!!!
I don't even think the word "retarded" is strong enough, or descriptive enough to describe them

MirageF1

Expert Member
This is an investment. Sub-editor writes the headlines - they will probably write anything to get clicks. Also, "South Africa invests eight times more in China than the other way around. "

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/south-africa-invests-much-more-in-china-2018-7
V interesting, ty , had no idea the disparity was quite so alarming...
On the +side, good to know that SA companies can still come up with 80 million $ and not just R80m in overseas investment.

flippakitten

I think the middle class have had to downsize enough, time to downsize the bloated goverment!

Government could also just stop stealing and hey presto, more money by tomorrow. No need to wait for the exchange rate, ewc, wmc, emerging markets.

Just.
Stop.
Looting.

Praeses

Expert Member
How about we fix the black hole sucking up the country's money first, then borrowing money to rebuild the economy? Else it'll all disappear and we'll end up with nothing but debt we can't pay...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I think the middle class have had to downsize enough, time to downsize the bloated goverment!

Government could also just stop stealing and hey presto, more money by tomorrow. No need to wait for the exchange rate, ewc, wmc, emerging markets.

Just.
Stop.
Looting.
Can't. Looting is party culture. They tell you Zuma was rogue but Zuma was merely a product of the organisation.

thechamp

Honorary Master
How about we fix the black hole sucking up the country's money first, then borrowing money to rebuild the economy? Else it'll all disappear and we'll end up with nothing but debt we can't pay...
Things have to go on while we busy fixing don't you agree? projects should proceed and Eskom should continue producing electricity.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
There is nothing like a free lunch . haha

ANC is out to destroy SA. Sad years ahead for SA. Once a power house (gold, diamonds, coal, platinum, tech (Rooivalk) etc).. we are another fcking 3rd world borrowing from China.

If ANC invested our resources , we could have been a power house in the world. But nope..

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
There is nothing like a free lunch . haha

ANC is out to destroy SA. Sad years ahead for SA. Once a power house (gold, diamonds, coal, platinum etc).. we are another fcking 3rd world borrowing from China.

If ANC invested our resources , we could have been a power house in the world. But nope..
They have a plan let china move in and build infrastructure and ghost cities for everyone, then just expropriate it without compensation and kick the Chinese out with some xenophobia. What can go wrong?