China plans to retaliate after US blacklists tech companies

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
China plans to retaliate after US blacklists tech companies

China signaled it would hit back after the Trump administration placed eight of the country’s technology giants on a blacklist over alleged human rights violations against Muslim minorities.

Asked Tuesday whether China would retaliate over the blacklist, foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told reporters “stay tuned.” [Bloomberg]

yebocan

Honorary Master
China best watch out, Trump has devastated economies before...and is not scared to do so again..

Swa

Honorary Master
Funny how the biggest transgressor against Muslim minorities accuses another country of doing the same.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Funny how the biggest transgressor against Muslim minorities accuses another country of doing the same.
I think it must just be Trump turning the dagger to the max. I mean that or it's just the PK of all slaps.

Dolby

Honorary Master
China best watch out, Trump has devastated economies before...and is not scared to do so again..
There's no one that knows more about economies than Trump

No one knows more about drones, than Trump
No one knows more about trade, than Trump
No one knows more about safety, than Trump
No one knows more about technology, than Trump
No one knows more about taxes, than Trump
No one knows more about the system, than Trump

Tovad

What I want to know is if the Hikvision EZVIZ app is now going to be removed from the Google Play Store and also from Google assistant

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Tell us, what exactly has Trump done against Muslim minorities. Since he's the biggest transgressor (apparently), I wonder what he's done worse than what China is currently doing

FNfal

Executive Member
Tit for tat and no one wins , example , China black lists apple and that company could fall .
USA are picking on an economy that has huge reserves and are definitely prepared to support their private companies .
This is not going to end well . The Chinese government cannot afford to lose face with its population and has to do some thing in return to the USA .

Sl8er

Executive Member
Tell us, what exactly has Trump done against Muslim minorities. Since he's the biggest transgressor (apparently), I wonder what he's done worse than what China is currently doing?
Apart from keeping the world in a constant state of "conflict" (in order to sell weapons) and cozy-ing up to a regime that tortures and subsequently executes (by beheading or crucifixion) its citizens
(including minors), putting the bodies on public display, all while aforementioned sold weapons are used to cause the biggest humanitarian crisis on the planet, currently?
Probably not much.

Now, does this mean what's going on in China is right? Of course not, but it sure underscores the US hypocrisy when they bring out the old "Humanitarian" / "but we're doing it for the people" excuse.
It's never about "the people"...it's only ever about their own interests: Weapons, oil, money and ultimately power.

Swa

Honorary Master
Tell us, what exactly has Trump done against Muslim minorities. Since he's the biggest transgressor (apparently), I wonder what he's done worse than what China is currently doing
Oh quite a lot unless you ignore the constant meddling in international affairs. Even then look at how the U.S. treats people entering their domain. Every Muslim or Arab is automatically under suspicion.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Oh quite a lot unless you ignore the constant meddling in international affairs. Even then look at how the U.S. treats people entering their domain. Every Muslim or Arab is automatically under suspicion.
So treating people like they are under suspicion is worse than what's happening in China. Alrighty. You have no idea what's happening in China, maybe give it a google or two.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Apart from keeping the world in a constant state of "conflict" (in order to sell weapons) and cozy-ing up to a regime that tortures and subsequently executes (by beheading or crucifixion) its citizens
(including minors), putting the bodies on public display, all while aforementioned sold weapons are used to cause the biggest humanitarian crisis on the planet, currently?
Probably not much.

Now, does this mean what's going on in China is right? Of course not, but it sure underscores the US hypocrisy when they bring out the old "Humanitarian" / "but we're doing it for the people" excuse.
It's never about "the people"...it's only ever about their own interests: Weapons, oil, money and ultimately power.
He was talking about Muslim minorities, IE the Muslims in America. Otherwise he would have said Muslim Majority. I'm not refuting what you're saying at all, in fact I agree, but it's completely something else to what Swa was discussing. And he was 100% factually incorrect on that statement.

Swa

Honorary Master
So treating people like they are under suspicion is worse than what's happening in China. Alrighty. You have no idea what's happening in China, maybe give it a google or two.
Seems you have no idea what's happening in the U.S., places such as Guantanamo.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Seems you have no idea what's happening in the U.S., places such as Guantanamo.
O you mean what's happening to actual terrorists? Let's say they are completely innocent for the sake of the argument, how many are detained there? You really need to Google because you are making yourself look stupid as hell.

ponder

Honorary Master
Erm, the us although not perfect has nothing on what the chinese does with their muslim population, you simply cannot compare the two.

Swa

Honorary Master
O you mean what's happening to actual terrorists? Let's say they are completely innocent for the sake of the argument, how many are detained there? You really need to Google because you are making yourself look stupid as hell.
You should become more informed. It's proven that torture is a woefully ineffective means of gathering information. No matter how you slice it the U.S. has been involved in numerous atrocities. Only they usually find a "reason", Iraq, Afghanistan... stop pretending they have the moral high ground.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
You should become more informed. It's proven that torture is a woefully ineffective means of gathering information. No matter how you slice it the U.S. has been involved in numerous atrocities. Only they usually find a "reason", Iraq, Afghanistan... stop pretending they have the moral high ground.
It's like you have ADD. Again, you claimed what the U.S is doing is worse than China to their Muslim minority. I have the factual high ground, that's for sure. I love how you avoid specifics because it keeps making you look even more stupid.

Swa

Honorary Master
It's like you have ADD. Again, you claimed what the U.S is doing is worse than China to their Muslim minority. I have the factual high ground, that's for sure. I love how you avoid specifics because it keeps making you look even more stupid.
LOL