Chinese ambassador to South Africa attacks Trump

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Chinese ambassador to South Africa attacks Trump

Lin Songtian, China’s ambassador to South Africa, took out a half-page advertisement in a key local newspaper to attack the stance of the US and President Donald Trump on global trade.

In a paid-for editorial in Business Day, South Africa’s biggest financial newspaper, Lin said bullying by the US will drive the world into a “severe recession” and accused Trump of capriciousness.

[Bloomberg]

SilverCode

Trump is damaging his reputation and that of his country, he added
Trump has a reputation for being a racist misogynist man-child. Damaging that would be an improvement by normal reputational standards.

Thor

Honorary Master
You think Trump ****ing China and the world into economic meltdown will leave SA untouched somehow?
Trump does not have that power.

The Chinese on the other hand - different kettle of fish if history taught us anything.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Trump does not have that power.
You should google three words. War, trade, Trump. I dunno what it's got to do with kettles or fish, although I'm sure they're involved. However, Trump is pushing and pushing and at some point the reaction from the world's biggest economy is going to **** everyone. Use whatever phrases you like, but forcing someone else's hand is an exercise of your power.

falcon786

Executive Member
As much as I dislike the big orange head who got everything handed to him on a platter by daddy and then basically bought and lied his way into power using that money and fame, the truth is China is not out to philanthropic to the world,they will do what's good for themselves only and if we or any other country gets in their way they won't hesitate to stomp us into the ground.

As for this trade war I first thought he was acting rashly probably driven by my admitted bias against him and his racist ways,but the more I think about it the more I think it should actually have been done sooner,believe it or not this could actually be good for South Africa in the long term,we could compete on manufacturing and exporting to USA in the long term if we're not subject to as high tariffs as China.

What is China really going to do for us if you think about it???We'd be better of siding with the USA and their massive consumer spending appetites.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Has anyone even heard of this dude before?
Why should he be known? Who's making the effort of knowing ambassador's names of any country?

Anyways, ambassadors speak for them countries, so Xi Jinping took out an ad stating that "bullying by the US will drive the world into a “severe recession” and accused Trump of capriciousness."