Chinese Tablet Buyers Guide.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Yip! Besides the one to SA Post Have we had a clear answer/truthful answer from Banggood or Gearbest why they cannot shop mobiles, tablets, etc to South Africa?

They don't need to, the news mentioned there was restrictions on incoming outgoing cargo the world over, last year it was due to flights pretty much being cancelled or severely limited. At the start of the year, things did pick up, but now vaccine shipping takes priority.

Prawnapple

Expert Member

deesef

Expert Member
Anyone own a Teclast M30 Pro or have thoughts on them?

I have R2k burning a hole in my pocket and that is what they can be had for, to the door via Tax Free Direct...

We have 2 of the original M30 tablets, for almost 2 years now. They are both still working great.

I've been eyeing the M30 Pro, but it would be a waste to restore one of the older tablets that are in excellent condition.

Aravose

We have 2 of the original M30 tablets, for almost 2 years now. They are both still working great.

I've been eyeing the M30 Pro, but it would be a waste to restore one of the older tablets that are in excellent condition.
Do you have the EU version or "other"?

wizardofid

Executive Member
Slightly weaker compared to?
The m40 has the Tiger T618 and the M40se has the tiger T610 :), Slightly weaker at nearly a grand cheaper makes the m40se the best budget tablet currently on price/ performance I would guess 10% odd slower even if that much.

Still have my m20 only planning on doing an upgrade next year, really no reason to upgrade it as yet...

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
My M30 (not pro), is running well on the old X27 chipset, stuck on Android 8, IPS 2560 x 1600 pixels is a minimum for me for viewing PDF files, and makes a difference on websites too. Only issue is that is is a bit heavy to hold for long. Pity the market is not keeping them competitive and they have been dropping to FHD.

wizardofid

Executive Member
My M30 (not pro), is running well on the old X27 chipset, stuck on Android 8, IPS 2560 x 1600 pixels is a minimum for me for viewing PDF files, and makes a difference on websites too. Only issue is that is is a bit heavy to hold for long. Pity the market is not keeping them competitive and they have been dropping to FHD.
Idk pretty happy with 1920 x 1080....

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Idk pretty happy with 1920 x 1080....
Websites - okay. For pdfs I have had to live with black borders in 16:9 or 16:10, so the rendered height in portrait wastes substantial display space and renders on less pixels. Mitigated a little by higher resolution. I had been through a few tablets too.

4:3 was decent for FHD, I regret not buying the 2nd hand Lcd for my pc, widescreen on pcs, tablets and phones is not great for magazines, books are okay.