Christian consumers campaign against halaal

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
KFC give you chicken polony slices when the international ingredient is bacon. Loved China cause KFC and Burger King had lots of bacon options in meals.
So that solves THAT riddle. I always thought that chicken buns with chicken slices was overkill. You mean the muslims denied me a true bacon delight???? This can't stand. Don't touch me on my bacon.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
OMG (oh wait i'm Muslim so OMA) where is this you were forced to eat something, did they hold you at gun or knife point? you must report this crime. name and shame this place so we can all avoid being forced to eat at knife and gun point
Yes if there is no other choice - if ALL major brands are Halaal and Parev (Kosher) then no I do NOT have choice. Why does YOUR choice supercede mine to the point I have no choice? You want Halaal - that's your right, but it is NOT your right to have ALL food marked Halaal.

If the factory is clean - make a list for private circulation that these foods are OK despite NOT being certified or some other plan. You have the right to that, but you do NOT have the right to impose restrictions on EVERYONE. You do NOT get to dictate your dietary requirements to EVERYONE.

More specifically I have an equal right to NOT having Halaal food as you have a right to have Halaal food available. You do not have the right to take my right away from me any more than I have the right to take yours away from you. That is how it works. My right is ALSO protected by making everything Halaal/Parev is taking my right away and that is not right.

Last edited:

rodga

Executive Member
If it's such a big issue, the 97% of people that don't want halaal should stop buying these products. The manufacturers will catch a wake up very quickly. Nothing will make them change their mind as quickly as something that is affecting their bottom line.

Milano

Honorary Master
Very much doubt this is only Christians. I would be very surprised to find that atheists, Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists, agnostics, scientologists, satanists or any other non-Muslim supports paying extra for a religiously-inspired certification that applies to less than 3 percent of the population.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
What a storm in a teacup. I have yet to walk into a supermarket and not be able to find bacon. So either bacon is kosher/halaal, or this thread is a rant about nothing.
What most people complain about is their fast food options doing away with haram products to achieve the certification. Like the enormous amount of McDonalds outlets that replaced their bacon on burgers and their breakfast buns with chicken slices.

I don't eat cereals but I would imagine there would be no need for such a product to receive certification.
Correct, there is no real need for cereal to be certified. There's a clear list of foods which are haram and which are halaal, and cereal and washing powder definitely is halaal.

Oddly enough, the Koraan says that if you're eating at the house of a Christian, and there's no other food option that is halaal, and you're hungry/starving/literally starving/near death from starvation you can eat haram foods to nourish yourself.

Randhir

Honorary Master
If it's such a big issue, the 97% of people that don't want halaal should stop buying these products. The manufacturers will catch a wake up very quickly. Nothing will make them change their mind as quickly as something that is affecting their bottom line.
And yet they don't. Guess it's because as soon as the keyboard warriors finish posting they realise they're hungry from shtposting and head straight to the restaurants/stores they're complaining about.

sparticus

Expert Member
Yes if there is no other choice - if ALL major brands are Halaal and Parev (Kosher) then no I do NOT have choice. Why does YOUR choice supercede mine to the point I have no choice? You want Halaal - that's your right, but it is NOT your right to have ALL food marked Halaal.

If the factory is clean - make a list for private circulation that these foods are OK despite NOT being certified or some other plan. You have the right to that, but you do NOT have the right to impose restrictions on EVERYONE. You do NOT get to dictate your dietary requirements to EVERYONE.

More specifically I have an equal right to NOT having Halaal food as you have a right to have Halaal food available. You do not have the right to take my right away from me any more than I have the right to take yours away from you. That is how it works. My right is ALSO protected by making everything Halaal/Parev is taking my right away and that is not right.
Where in the world does it say I want to dictate my dietary requirements to everyone ? How foolish must one be to come to that conclusion ? Manufacturers have the right to do as they wish, if they dont stock halaal I simply wont buy and if they do stock halaal and u dont like it then once again simply dont buy. No one is forcing anyone.

Your rights , my rights wtf cares really. Its all about needs, I want halaal certain people cater for my needs, if they dont then ah well fukkit. U can have that same attitude, you just feel the need to vent and blame religion.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
So that solves THAT riddle. I always thought that chicken buns with chicken slices was overkill. You mean the muslims denied me a true bacon delight???? This can't stand. Don't touch me on my bacon.
See? It's a crime against culinary delight!

surface

Expert Member
Very much doubt this is only Christians. I would be very surprised to find that atheists, Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists, agnostics, scientologists, satanists or any other non-Muslim supports paying extra for a religiously-inspired certification that applies to less than 3 percent of the population.
Well, if cost of this religious rubbish is included in all products, then one doesn't have a choice really.