Christianity - an in-depth discourse

rietrot

Honorary Master
Oh cool. Semantics. But then that's all you have I guess seeing as you are unable to answer the tough questions posed to you yesterday.

Typical Christian. Take the lovey dovey warm and fluffy bits, turn a blind eye to the hatred, inconsistencies and contradictions.
I answered everything yesterday. You just didn't like my answers.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
You will be glad to know that this is not a uniquely Christian thing. You will find same with literally every faith. Bend over backwards/sideways/upside-down to justify all the "metaphors"
Yep. The goal is to catch them young and take away any kind of independent though they may have. Works a treat, obviously.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
It is a wrongfull act - doing or not doing something that GOD commanded.
Also, not believing in him is a sin and will condemn you to Hell.

Yes you read that correctly. This same God that Ponderer says doesn't care what you think, will send you to burn in Hell for the heinous crime of not believing in him.

Sounds like someone has some insecurity issues. Do you think god sleeps with the light on?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I still don't understand why I should be grateful... You aren't explaining your reasoning very well here.
There is no explanation. You see, it is hard for Christians to put into words what 'feels right' to them. There simply is no logic to it and basically they'll be opening themselves to ridicule because there is no way to describe the warm fuzzy feelings they have.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
But I have a problem. My pesky neighbor saw me once giving tough love and he is going to complain to police. Now, I am supposed to love my neighbor - is there any instrument I can use on him like I use iron rod on my kids?
Bloody do-gooders. I bet you he wears mixed fabrics as well.

But don't worry. you'll get the last laugh as he burns in Hell.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Sorry, eternal hellfire for you. Never mind building that orphanage and donating half your salary to the poor, you didn't believe. Now burn fscker.
Why does something you don't believe in upset you so much?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Why does something you don't believe in upset you so much?
Ooh, diversion? Nothing to say about the sentiment behind the comment? I'd say it's pretty pathetic really. Or do you think that God is just for burning you in Hell for the terrible crime of not believing in Him?

I guess it's no wonder you don't want to think about it or try to justify it in public.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Sorry, eternal hellfire for you. Never mind building that orphanage and donating half your salary to the poor, you didn't believe. Now burn fscker.
Damn... Oh well I may as well then just spend the cash on hookers and blow... It will be more entertaining