Christianity - an in-depth discourse

rietrot

Honorary Master
Ooh, diversion? Nothing to say about the sentiment behind the comment? I'd say it's pretty pathetic really. Or do you think that God is just for burning you in Hell for the terrible crime of not believing in Him?

I guess it's no wonder you don't want to think about it or try to justify it in public.
If God is God he can make whatever rules He wants.

If He decides not believing is the worst crime of all then that is how it is.

Spizz

Goat Botherer

So this loving, merciful, caring God decrees that no matter what good you do in your life, you are condemned if you don't believe?

And objectively, you are cool with this? I mean, really, just think for a sec. You seriously cannot see how ridiculous this is?

rietrot

Honorary Master
So this loving, merciful, caring God decrees that no matter what good you do in your life, you are condemned if you don't believe?

And objectively, you are cool with this? I mean, really, just think for a sec. You seriously cannot see how ridiculous this is?
Yes I'm cool with it.

I see a ridiculous argument from you, that's all. The rules are pretty clear. No good deads are enough, you can't buy your way into heaven. (if that's your thing maybe try scientology,) all it takes is belief.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Yes I'm cool with it.

I see a ridiculous argument from you, that's all. The rules are pretty clear. No good deads are enough, you can't buy your way into heaven. (if that's your thing maybe try scientology,) all it takes is belief.
So doing good deeds by helping people and being a good person is a ridiculous argument?

But regardless, the remarkable thing is that you seem to be completely unaware of who actually made these rules that you base your life on?

Easy to say God, but it wasn’t though was it? They were written by humans and changed many times over the years as shown. These are indisputable facts that you seem unaware of and argued against yesterday blaming atheists because it just means you don’t have to question. But if did have a look you’d see you are completely wrong, yet you actually base your whole life on a book of origin unknown?

I mean seriously? I don’t even.

rietrot

Honorary Master
So doing good deeds by helping people and being a good person is a ridiculous argument?

But regardless, the remarkable thing is that you seem to be completely unaware of who actually made these rules that you base your life on?

Easy to say God, but it wasn’t though was it? They were written by humans and changed many times over the years as shown. These are indisputable facts that you seem unaware of and argued against yesterday blaming atheists because it just means you don’t have to question. But if did have a look you’d see you are completely wrong, yet you actually base your whole life on a book of origin unknown?

I mean seriously? I don’t even.
Good deeds(as in charity)are good. Why do you do them? do you expect a reward? Then it is no longer good deeds.

You didn't show any significant changes.
You are also mistaken in thinking that I don't question anything.
I don't see a problem with people who base there whole life on one book, if it makes them happy, sure.
I enjoy multiple books. I'm actually busy listening to Ayn Rand again, I found reading her stuff awfully long winded, but listening to it at 1.5x the speed actually works really well.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Didn't show significant changes? But yesterday it was just changes that you wanted so you were shown them.. ... So define significant for please... So we can show those to you as wellm

rietrot

Honorary Master
Didn't show significant changes? But yesterday it was just changes that you wanted so you were shown them.. ... So define significant for please... So we can show those to you as wellm
You win, there was changes made. What do you want as your price?

Temujin

Executive Member
Good deeds(as in charity)are good. Why do you do them? do you expect a reward? Then it is no longer good deeds.
As apposed to doing things like praying, confessing your love for your god, spreading the word and such to not to be punished for all eternity:unsure:

surface

Expert Member
Tell me honestly, you must be a reasonable guy in real life. There is probably a non-christian family living next to you. Their god says this of non-believers
"The only reward of those who make war upon god and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom."

And your god says this of non-believers
"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Do you realize the thousands of such similarities between scriptures? Do you realize that "your" religion people are fighting and killing (and vice-versa) "their"/"other" religion people for centuries over absolute "truth" of your respective beliefs? Do you ever pause and think?

What does it matter if I'm good with that?

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Tell me honestly, you must be a reasonable guy in real life. There is probably a non-christian family living next to you. Their god says this of non-believers
"The only reward of those who make war upon god and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom."

And your god says this of non-believers
"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Do you realize the thousands of such similarities between scriptures? Do you realize that "your" religion people are fighting and killing (and vice-versa) "their"/"other" religion people for centuries over absolute "truth" of your respective beliefs? Do you ever pause and think?
Yes, I think so.
No, I don't have Muslim neighbours.
The passage you quote relates to a specific time and people. Luckily I don't have to slaughter anyone.
Yes, It isn't called the Abrahamic religious for nothing, we share the same foundations and have a slight disagreement around who was a prophet and who wasn't.
Yes, well the fighting and killing was for more than just absolute truth.
Yes, maybe too much.