Christmas Bonus Time for the JMPD!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Our street lines in front of our offices have not been painted in years, but there is the JMPD officer going down the road ticketing each and every vehicle. There are no "legal" parking bays anywhere in sight... only faded loading zones. Years ago (about 8 years) the council turned the entire street into one long loading zone so that they could ticket everybody on a regular basis.

Today is the first of December so I guess it is Christmas Bonus Time. I asked the "officer" when they are going to come and paint the lines again and give us some "legal" parking bays, he said I must go apply for them to come and paint.

I asked him if he knew what the concept of taxes was for? Stupid greedy pig. :mad: I am so mad I could spit.

Hot_Chocolate

Expert Member
go buy a tin of white enamel paint and a wide paintbrush. paint your own parking bay. then tell him to prove that there was no parking bay :D

just kidding!!

but that sucks seriously. speak to your boss about it?

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
:D
go buy a tin of white enamel paint and a wide paintbrush. paint your own parking bay. then tell him to prove that there was no parking bay :D

just kidding!!

That might not be a bad idea. :D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I moved my car when I saw him coming.. had to park around the block though. :( Our cars are not safe in these street anyway.

W@P

Expert Member

just kidding!!

I would do that, he won't be able to prove who painted the lines.

mac_mac74

Expert Member
slip him a fifty, did u watch carte blanche last night. After all this is Efrica and bribery seems to be perfectly acceptable!!!!

kiepie

Executive Member

just kidding!!

In our street I painted about 10% of the lines, 3 weeks later they came to paint the rest!! :D :D

Someone had to complain! :p

Logo

Our street lines in front of our offices have not been painted in years, but there is the JMPD officer going down the road ticketing each and every vehicle. There are no "legal" parking bays anywhere in sight... only faded loading zones. Years ago (about 8 years) the council turned the entire street into one long loading zone so that they could ticket everybody on a regular basis.

Today is the first of December so I guess it is Christmas Bonus Time. I asked the "officer" when they are going to come and paint the lines again and give us some "legal" parking bays, he said I must go apply for them to come and paint.

I asked him if he knew what the concept of taxes was for? Stupid greedy pig. :mad: I am so mad I could spit.
Sorry but I don't have much sympathy. I live in Cape Town CBD and people just park where they want to, so I say if there are no legal parking bays then fine them. The amount of times I had to come home only to find that some idiot parked infront of our garage blocking the entry is too many to count. So I take a lot of pleasure in phoning the traffic department to have the cars towed. The building where I live actually had to appoint one of the security people to stand there all day and stop people from blocking the entry.

Saying that the council turned it into a loading zone just to ticket people is not an arguement for parking illegally. It is marked as a loading zone and therefor should not be used as a parking area.