Chrome extensions leaked the private information of millions of users

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Chrome extensions leaked the private information of millions of users

Over 500 browser extensions which have been downloaded millions of times from the Chrome Web Store uploaded private browsing data to malicious parties.

Independent researcher Jamila Kaya, in partnership with Duo Security, found that 71 Chrome apps which had been downloaded over 1.7 million times were part of a malicious advertising network.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Independent researcher Jamila Kaya, in partnership with Duo Security, found that 71 Chrome apps which had been downloaded over 1.7 million times were part of a malicious advertising network.
:D
[ laughs in Nedbank chrome extension ]

Last edited:

MirageF1

Expert Member
First came total off the grid power , then came totally off the fukcin everything (net included)

Only way to live a life of "relative" privacy ( excl your wife/gf/so and neighbours spying on you if you even have either)

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Easy to solve don't use Chrome -----
I have gone away form Chrome completely. Dont use it at all on my PCs and laptop and reverted back to simple browsers on mobile devices except for the one tablet ---- can't get rid of the blasted thing.

access

Executive Member
Easy to solve don't use Chrome -----
I have gone away form Chrome completely. Dont use it at all on my PCs and laptop and reverted back to simple browsers on mobile devices except for the one tablet ---- can't get rid of the blasted thing.
i only use it for gmail and youtube