Church burns down and leaves SA town without cellphone reception

Thor

Honorary Master
If it was the Telco's equipment then I suspect this is going to cause quite a few problems with other churches and buildings refusing to house the equipment.

Insurance is one thing, but this is a piece of history that burned down, no money can replace that.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Is it just me or is the title slightly accusatory? Like it's the churches fault for burning down. I might need a nap.

Swa

Honorary Master
I suspect this is one of the telco's fault. But who will take the blame and rebuild?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Say a network provider, their equipment, is the cause I wonder what the insurance will have to say... I have seen these agreements and who may or may not be responsible.

Dave

Honorary Master
If it was the Telco's equipment then I suspect this is going to cause quite a few problems with other churches and buildings refusing to house the equipment.

Insurance is one thing, but this is a piece of history that burned down, no money can replace that.
Doesn’t look like the fire started in the tower (where I would presume the telco equipment to be).

1554830688597.jpeg

Solarion

Honorary Master
Sad, looks like a historic piece of architecture. As a lover of history this hurts :(

ponder

Honorary Master
Doesn’t look like the fire started in the tower (where I would presume the telco equipment to be).
I could be wrong but I doubt all the equipment was located in the tower, the antennas yes.

Dave

Honorary Master
I could be wrong but I doubt all the equipment was located in the tower, the antennas yes.
The internal equipment is usually fairly close to the antenna, if an external box is also used it wouldn’t be in the church, having said that, all the church steeple antenna systems I have seen are a compact design with all the equipment situated in the tower/steeple.

ponder

Honorary Master
The internal equipment is usually fairly close to the antenna, if an external box is also used it wouldn’t be in the church, having said that, all the church steeple antenna systems I have seen are a compact design with all the equipment situated in the tower/steeple.
Ok I've never seen a steeple installation, just normal buildings and exchanges.