Cigarette ban protesters bring N1 traffic to a halt

"D"

Expert Member
So, how many charges have been filed against them? Please tell me there have been some arrests already?

"D"

Expert Member
What for ? No laws broken.
If a driver is not even legally allowed to stop in the emergency lane except during an emergency, how can a wilful and unnecessary blockade of all traffic lanes not be a traffic offence?

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
If a driver is not even legally allowed to stop in the emergency lane except during an emergency, how can a wilful and unnecessary blockade of all traffic lanes not be a traffic offence?
There is a minimum speed limit on freeways, so if a group of people drive at the minimum speed limit occupying all lanes , nothing the law can do about it, they are simply observing the mimimum speed limit.

"D"

Expert Member
@Nanfeishen Ah, I see that only some lanes were affected. How about technicalities - for example not moving into the slow lane, or not driving above 60km/h on the freeway?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
What was the point?

It's not awareness - everyone already knows you can't buy smokes.

It's not about increasing support - you either support the ban or you don't, for whatever reason. I'd be willing to bet there were people trying to get home, etc who are less than impressed.

rietrot

Honorary Master
So, how many charges have been filed against them? Please tell me there have been some arrests already?
Probably nothing. Like with all other protest that's usually much worse.

But I almost expect our police to go after the easy targets.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Any arrests when taxis block roads ? People toy toy and fck up stuff ? No ?

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
What was the point?

It's not awareness - everyone already knows you can't buy smokes.

It's not about increasing support - you either support the ban or you don't, for whatever reason. I'd be willing to bet there were people trying to get home, etc who are less than impressed.
I was thinking the same thing. Everyone knows about the cigs ... goverment is control. It's not like they are blocking government ...

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Entitled brats.
YES. If blm and all other schit, then we can protest for smokes. This is SA, the previous (and still and forever) previous disadvantages citizens showed the world that you can protest, burn, loot and still be a winner.

Urist

Expert Member
Inconsiderate assholes!
protest some other way, we don't need taxis driving in the emergency lanes right now like in the video.

Luke7777

Executive Member
That was the normal flow of traffic on that road prior to lockdown :D