City of Joburg still trapping you with speed cameras

Tander

Executive Member
“Traffic law enforcement is not about revenue generating but rather about encouraging residents to abide to road regulations which are aimed at reducing road carnage,” she added.
yeah... right! :whistling:

kianm

Honorary Master
“Traffic law enforcement is not about revenue generating but rather about encouraging residents to abide to road regulations which are aimed at reducing road carnage,” she added
Lyz!!

Pixelbender

Normally these companies would receive up to 1000 fines a month
Fark, didn't think that is even possible. I thought there are fines, but not up to 1000. Sjoe. Makes sense why companies use a live tracker system. Could save them UP TO R150,000pm or more assuming each fine is a minimum of R150 (which they seem to be in my case - 7km/h over speed limit R150, 12km/h over speed limit R150.)

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
traffic law enforcement only about generating bribe revenue.

if they *really* cared about reducing carnage, then they'll enforce the laws where they need to be enforced, like people driving in the oncoming lane to avoid traffic, driving through red lights when it's already green for the other people, taxis turning left from the far right while the light is red, 12 out 10 people who drive while talking on their phones, cars with no lights at night (and i don't mean cars with just one light or lights that are super dim, i mean NO LIGHTS)...

instead, they plant their metro cops at night in dark little areas where there are almost no cars go by, waiting to pounce on someone for not coming to complete stops at stop signs in what looks like an area where you'll get hijacked and then saying "maybe we can come to an agreement... maybe dinner or something..."

if you want to be in law enforcement, you work for saps. if you want to become rich on non-taxable donations, you become a metro cop.

Sl8er

Executive Member
“Traffic law enforcement is not about revenue generating but rather about encouraging residents to abide to road regulations which are aimed at reducing road carnage,” she added.
:crylaugh:

Swa

Honorary Master
So they are knowingly acting illegally?

Fark, didn't think that is even possible. I thought there are fines, but not up to 1000. Sjoe. Makes sense why companies use a live tracker system. Could save them UP TO R150,000pm or more assuming each fine is a minimum of R150 (which they seem to be in my case - 7km/h over speed limit R150, 12km/h over speed limit R150.)
Rental agencies.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Where do you drive?
I've never hear of a fine for less that 10km/h over. IE only for say 70 in a 60, never for 67 in a 60...