City of Johannesburg rates and taxes - did you get an invoice for July?

3WA

Honorary Master
For those who own property in the (Sh)City of Johannesburg - did you get the invoice for your property rates, waste removal etc., on time this month?

My invoice usually arrives by the 8th, and is due around the 20th of each month. For July, nothing. I checked their website and the list of historical statements only goes up to June.

I know the (Sh)City was squabbling about their budget, and I also know they put up fees on electricity etc. in July each year. Am I the only one who didn't get a statement, or is everyone on hold while they decide how many inches to shaft us with?

3WA

Honorary Master
I haven't received mine either

I wonder what they're up to. I'm paying the regular amount tomorrow, but I hope they're not planning some absurd increases.

IssiAmd

Nothing yet now that you mention it.
Will probably come through tomorrow

Reactions: 3WA

nivek

Executive Member
I wonder what they're up to. I'm paying the regular amount tomorrow, but I hope they're not planning some absurd increases.
Maybe they had their monthly hack and their db is being held hostage

• Haha

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Nothing yet my side too. I except a handful

I think its also related to the yearly increases

My advice, pay what you usually pay per month

3WA

Honorary Master
I found this, but I'm not sure if the website is legit, and also, if this is still in the public comment phase, do we just not get bills for July, and then get double bills and interest once it passes?

Neuk_

Executive Member
Nothing via email and nothing loaded on the eServices website either, patiently waiting for my over priced invoice for some services received.

3WA

Honorary Master
I wont take the chance ... just pay month end what you normally pay

Were your rates due month end? I'm just looking at some of my earlier statements for 2020, and it's usually due around 19 or 20. I'll pay the regular amount tomorrow, but I'm p1ssed off with these fools.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Were your rates due month end? I'm just looking at some of my earlier statements for 2020, and it's usually due around 19 or 20. I'll pay the regular amount tomorrow, but I'm p1ssed off with these fools.

I usually get my invoices via email (before the 10th), and due (20-25)

A few guys in my estate questioned it also

Logging in via e-service, nothing yet either

Neuk_

Executive Member

I checked my June statement, due date was the 26th June, I'll just pay what I normally pay and sort it out next month.

3WA

Honorary Master
I checked my June statement, due date was the 26th June, I'll just pay what I normally pay and sort it out next month.

Yup, seems like the best plan. Let's just hope their system doesn't lose all evidence of July payments.

IssiAmd

Mine is always due on the first of the following month so still time
Maybe they're following fnb suit

jun_tao

Expert Member
a46b2f391bc14d6804b7826658039f85.jpg

Received from my ward councilor. I’m still going to pay my normal amount anyway.

sjm

Still haven't received mine (which I usually get by the 10th). Also going to pay the average