City of Tshwane going after non-paying homeowners and estates

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Pretoria power cut rampage — homeowners and estates are next

The City of Tshwane's mayor has warned that, following the aggressive switch-off campaign launched by the city against non-paying businesses, homeowners should prepare for the same.

"We've been attacking different categories. We started with businesses and government, and now we'll concentrate on upmarket residentials. Eventually, we'll go to residential households."

neoprema

Executive Member
I don't mind this, but i do mind if the recovered funds are not finding their way directly to pay for electricity supply upgrade. And not diverted to other projects pockets.

Corelli

Expert Member
Got to love the council. Out of the blue I got a bill saying they reworked my past 8 months, and discovered that they made a miscalculation with the amount they charged me with property tax, so suddenly this month, please pay us R3k more. But because they miscalculated, they slapped on a dunning charge on my water too for the past 7 months, and thats an extra R1.5k

WTF

Cactus

Expert Member
Sooooo. No loadshedding for us due to all the "savings" next time it happens - or not enough people cut off yet?

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
Mamelodi has been touched plenty times before, but yes Tshwane should start with the larneys in the suburbs and work their way out to the townships.
How about doing it in alphabetical order for a change?
Atteridgeville first, then Centurion, Cullinan, Dronkwordspruit, Eersterust, Ga-Rankuwa, Hammanskraal, Irene, Itereleng, Laudium, Mabopane, Mamelodi, Montana, Olienhoutbosch, Pretoria CBD, Pretoria West, Refilwe, Roodeplaat, Saulsville, Sinoville, Soshanguve, Temba, Winterveldt and finally Wonderboom.

Looks a lot more equitable to me.

Reactions: Lud

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Got to love the council. Out of the blue I got a bill saying they reworked my past 8 months, and discovered that they made a miscalculation with the amount they charged me with property tax, so suddenly this month, please pay us R3k more. But because they miscalculated, they slapped on a dunning charge on my water too for the past 7 months, and thats an extra R1.5k

WTF
Tell them to get fckd.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Maybe it's time to ask those retired engineers rejected by De Ruyter to come and fix this substation, once and for all.

RonSwanson

Honorary Master
Maybe their next step should be keeping the power on to paying customers. Wapadrand sub burned again last night. Have lost track of the number of times now.

It's failed so many times, why do they keep replacing it? Doing the same thing time after time is madness You need a certified sangoma, one with proper training, to chase out the evil spirits.

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
Maybe it's time to ask those retired engineers rejected by De Ruyter to come and fix this substation, once and for all.
The amount of stupid spewing from your mouth never fails to amaze.

Are you actually for real or are you trolling as a rule?