City Power to crackdown on illegal connections

kianm

Honorary Master
Then they are going to fight with like what 70% of the population

spiff

Executive Member
always wanted to take a heavy duty armoured truck with a special overhead cutting attachment and take a drive past du noon in the evenings and rip all the overhead cables right out of the shacks! :twisted:

falcon786

Honorary Master
always wanted to take a heavy duty armoured truck with a special overhead cutting attachment and take a drive past du noon in the evenings and rip all the overhead cables right out of the shacks! :twisted:

That won't work in lenasia, I drove past the informal settlement section a few months ago, there are literally hundreds of wires running straight across the road you are forced to drive over them, very dangerous with kids playing right next to the wires.

I even thought how is City power allowing this to happen, this article answers my question then.

Last edited:

spiff

Executive Member
That won't work in lenasia, I drove past the informal settlement section a few months ago, there are literally hundreds of wires running straight across the road you are forced to drive over them, very dangerous with kids playing right next to the wires.

I even thought how is City power allowing this to happen, this article answers my question is then.

du noon is the same - just easier to rip overhead wires than scrape the road.

I don't begrudge people electricity or water - in fact it should be the 2 commodities that is either dirt cheap or free - TO A POINT!

not been able to afford it is one thing - blatantly stealing it and then selling it for financial gain - is another story!

city power should just switch off the substation