Clay Travis: ‘Go woke, get broke;’ Olympics suffer from loss of sponsors, NBA from loss of ratings

rvZA

Expert Member
Clay Travis, founder of Outkick.com, spoke with Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on "Fox & Friends" about the ongoing issues plaguing the NBA and the Tokyo Olympics. He said the NBA is pivoting from their "woke" campaign after seeing two years of bad ratings and warned of "nervousness" surrounding the Olympics amid looming fears of COVID-19.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Who is Clay Travis that his opinion is important? And it's almost midnight, will we be able to fill up our cars or will the shortage only kick in tomorrow evening?

I have no time for woke morons.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
From the comments:

This article nails it for lots of folks. I love sports, but I will not tune in to have my faced rubbed in political points of view. I want to watch the competition, not political commentary. Particularly when that commentary denigrates the very country providing the athletes with the opportunity to compete.

Gozado

It is also possible that reduced sponsorship of the Olympics, and reduced interest in any of its aspects that could potentially be monetised, has to do with other factors, for example a massively increased plethora of other Big Events to which we now have at least indirect access online, easily, and often for free or almost free, including sports highlights on YouTube. Turn the pages a few decades back, and there probably wasn't nearly as much else going on, parallel, to any particular Olympics or, whatever there was, the general public didn't have it at their fingertips to consume, for free.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Some of the foremost athletes in the world botched their qualifying (some not because of their own doing) and did not qualify. So now we get to watch the olympics but some of the best aren't there.

Bring potentially empty stadiums and you can forgive sponsors for not feeling overly excited.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
E60GmfCXsAEp3zD

Lol.. have BLM (on the sweater) at the olympics. Nice