Clay Travis: ‘Go woke, get broke;’ Olympics suffer from loss of sponsors, NBA from loss of ratings

Chunk20

Only woke people watch CNN.
MSM and crap like Fakebook and Twitter are what's wong with the human condition at the moment.
So you agree Fox News is what's wrong with the human condition then why mention CNN.

Chunk20

It's a strange argument/tactic. Also beloved of Cosmik, saying one thing automatically means you are for some other diametrically opposed position or whatever they can dream up.

I do not get it FOX has been by far the most posted news site on this forum of late but whatabout CNN no one is posting CNN links.

Makes no sense

Illegal Allien

Again, very simple minded arguments from the Fox pundits. no mention of last years bubble, the unpopular finalists (Suns, Bucs and last year's Heat)? or the results of cord cutting and rise of alternative sports. Everything just has to be BLM!

RanzB

Honorary Master
Again, very simple minded arguments from the Fox pundits. no mention of last years bubble, the unpopular finalists (Suns, Bucs and last year's Heat)? or the results of cord cutting and rise of alternative sports. Everything just has to be BLM!

Giannis was great.

They also don't mention factors like people finding it easier to just watch highlights as the links go around at superspeed, as opposed to the huge chunk of supposed gametime that actually just goes to ad after ad after ad.

It's nauseating.

Groggyme

I can't even begin to understand the stupidity surrounding some of these people on this forum. If you think BLM id the problem with declining ratings then you have such a warped and sick world view. The real issues surrounding NBA viewership relate to over-commercialization of the sport (ads every 20 seconds), rise of viable alternatives, cord cutting etc. This is not even mentioning the fact that standing up to China cost the NBA big time. The Euro 2020 finals had on average more viewers than the NBA finals. This was without any USA team involved obviously. People are also getting tired of the commercialization of the sport. Here is an article from 2008 discussing that very point. Here is another article indicating that the pandemic has increased cord-cutting and another showing that most pro leagues in USA has experienced the same thing... not just NBA.

You guys are out here simping hard for favourite "news" corps instead of actually reading a few articles from various sources and coming up with a balanced world view.

Emjay

Honorary Master
While I don't always trust Fox, there is some truth to the fact that people are sick and tired of politics wading into things that should unite us. Just look at the Oscars. Other issues around the Oscars aside, the biggest talking point about them in my memory was Ricky Gervais.

Play your sport. Act. Sing. Dance. Whatever. Keep your politics and social justice activism to yourself. We don't care what you think.

Chunk20

While I don't always trust Fox, there is some truth to the fact that people are sick and tired of politics wading into things that should unite us. Just look at the Oscars. Other issues around the Oscars aside, the biggest talking point about them in my memory was Ricky Gervais.

Play your sport. Act. Sing. Dance. Whatever. Keep your politics and social justice activism to yourself. We don't care what you think.

Since when does a profession mean you are not allowed an opinion?

Or as long as you agree with it is it allowed?

Sollie

Honorary Master
It's a strange argument/tactic. Also beloved of Cosmik, saying one thing automatically means you are for some other diametrically opposed position or whatever they can dream up.
Well, in this case, it's rather who zoomed in like a scud missile after this was posted. I thought WWG1WGA was something right wing, clearly it's not.

Well done on your chicken feet, @rvZA! :ROFL:

index.jpg