Cleaner has head cut off in giant meat blending machine

mercurial

MyBB Legend
A meat processing company has pleaded guilty to breaching health and safety laws after a cleaner's head was cut off in a giant blender.

DeliCo Ltd was found to be in breach of health and safety laws when worker Lynda Trebilock was fatally injured, a court heard.

Mrs Trebilcock was inspecting a blender used to mix four tonnes of meat when she crouched beneath the machine to inspect a flap, where the load is discharged, to ensure it was clean.

But the flap closed suddenly with substantial force acting like a pair of 'scissors' cutting off the top of her head above the eyebrows.

Two colleagues working at the DeliCo Ltd plant in Tattenhoe, Milton Keynes, Bucks., heard her scream and found her lying on her back on the floor.

She died from serious head injuries.

More...

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I heard about a similar thing happening at SAPI. Some dude was lowered in to this big chopping machine to pull out a pice of wood that had become jammed.
Some one forgot to turn the machine off.

I think the biggest piece of him they found was one of his fingers.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
The CEO to the board memebers:

"Lets put our heads together and see how we can get ourselves out of this situation!"

DJ...

Banned
But the flap closed suddenly with substantial force acting like a pair of 'scissors' cutting off the top of her head above the eyebrows.....................

She died from serious head injuries.

Really now? That's become a fatal thing these days?

Solidus

Expert Member
This reminds me of pics my friend showed me.
His working over at Livingstone hospital in PE and the once emergency they got was of a guy whose hand got shredded with meat mincer. Poor oke lost his entire arm.
Anyone ever see what minced hand looks like? Not pretty!

P

Picard

The most sickening thing I ever saw was someone's lower jaw that was completely ripped out. Together with about half his face.