Clearwater mall Cellc staff lied to make a sale, haven't return refund 4 weeks later.

Cell C at Clearwater mall are a bunch of thieves and liars and the managers knows about my issue regarding my money not being returned to me from samsung galaxy a50 blue that I wanted to buy which I had to return the same time I bought it because the sales assistant was a liar and wanted to make a sale.

Three weeks ago I went to cellc as I wanted to by a samsung galaxy a50 smartphone (blue) but the one that had 6gb ram rather than 4gb ram version.

I went in and a short african man who was a sales assistant helped me, I told him I wanted the 6gb ram version of the phone and if they had it, repeatedly. He said yes and he checked and so on and that I first had to pay to get the phone.
I asked I checked he checked all the while lying to me to make a sale.

He then tried to make me sign a form; after I had paid and told me to sign the form to say that they could OPEN the package to check that the device was working. I said hang on, this is to take home and that I am not signing the form as I would like to first check the device then take the device home and open it there.

He was adamant that I had to sign so that they could open the phone box and check the phone to which I refused repeatedly which was fishy. He really wanted to open the box.

He then gets the phone and tries to open the packaging anyway, and I stopped him to the point I almost threatened him. Then I went to check the phone's specification to find out he had purposefully LIED for the sale and that it was the 4gb version of the phone that he had sold me and that he was further trying to get me to open the package so that I couldn't RETURN the device.

Can you believe such behaviour?

I told him to refund me immediately, but because I paid with two cards they had to put the whole balance back onto my Nedbank card. They didn't tell me I would have to wait a few days for the fund because the return balance was larger then what I paid for from that second card.

I have repeatedly checked in and spoke to the manager and he assured me tomorrow I will get my money or next week I will get my money.... and three weeks later the money (R6500) still is not in my account.

Not only did the staff member lie, but he also wasted my time purchasing the phone, then cellc is wasting more time returning my funds. I needed a cellphone weeks ago already you incompetent fools. And nobody gets off their asses to help or assist me.

If you want the details to ask the manager about the phone and my case, don't ask me, I've asked enough and still nothings been done.

Draconia2

Expert Member
same goes for getting LTE problems sorted. Probably been shunted around 12 times ON ONE CALL of 6 minutes, answering the same bloody security questions. Nobody really wants to help.

with my logic, the call would come through, the agent asks the questions - first time, then marks it as a pass. How backwards are the calling systems !

marioat1

Expert Member
Cell C at Clearwater mall are a bunch of thieves and liars and the managers knows about my issue regarding my money not being returned to me from samsung galaxy a50 blue that I wanted to buy which I had to return the same time I bought it because the sales assistant was a liar and wanted to make a sale.

Three weeks ago I went to cellc as I wanted to by a samsung galaxy a50 smartphone (blue) but the one that had 6gb ram rather than 4gb ram version.

I went in and a short african man who was a sales assistant helped me, I told him I wanted the 6gb ram version of the phone and if they had it, repeatedly. He said yes and he checked and so on and that I first had to pay to get the phone.
I asked I checked he checked all the while lying to me to make a sale.

He then tried to make me sign a form; after I had paid and told me to sign the form to say that they could OPEN the package to check that the device was working. I said hang on, this is to take home and that I am not signing the form as I would like to first check the device then take the device home and open it there.

He was adamant that I had to sign so that they could open the phone box and check the phone to which I refused repeatedly which was fishy. He really wanted to open the box.

He then gets the phone and tries to open the packaging anyway, and I stopped him to the point I almost threatened him. Then I went to check the phone's specification to find out he had purposefully LIED for the sale and that it was the 4gb version of the phone that he had sold me and that he was further trying to get me to open the package so that I couldn't RETURN the device.

Can you believe such behaviour?

I told him to refund me immediately, but because I paid with two cards they had to put the whole balance back onto my Nedbank card. They didn't tell me I would have to wait a few days for the fund because the return balance was larger then what I paid for from that second card.

I have repeatedly checked in and spoke to the manager and he assured me tomorrow I will get my money or next week I will get my money.... and three weeks later the money (R6500) still is not in my account.

Not only did the staff member lie, but he also wasted my time purchasing the phone, then cellc is wasting more time returning my funds. I needed a cellphone weeks ago already you incompetent fools. And nobody gets off their asses to help or assist me.

If you want the details to ask the manager about the phone and my case, don't ask me, I've asked enough and still nothings been done.
Couldn't you read the specs on the base of the box before opening the cellophane?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
same goes for getting LTE problems sorted. Probably been shunted around 12 times ON ONE CALL of 6 minutes, answering the same bloody security questions. Nobody really wants to help.

with my logic, the call would come through, the agent asks the questions - first time, then marks it as a pass. How backwards are the calling systems !
Hi Draconia2

Do you perhaps have a reference number for the query that you have raised?

^MP