Clickbait confirmed: Vodacom's Black Friday Sirocco deal

Did Vodacom screw people over completely unnecessarily?

• Yes: everybody who got a deal number should have gotten the deal, simple

• No: a company is allowed to accept applications for things they can't deliver

Results are only viewable after voting.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I fail to see what is so infinity about it. Quite flat indeed. Compared to the Nokia 8 Sirocco, the A6+ is 100% flat.
Using the A6+'s screen as the definition of an infinity screen, it means that almost every phone I have owned has had an infinity display. But it does not bother me at all. I prefer flat - could not pick up the Nokia 8 Sirocco with its curved screen.
Yeah. From the photos of the A6+, it seems pretty clear that it's not a curved screen. Wonder why they insist on calling it Infinity

Still a great deal for less than a hundred bucks a month of airtime.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I got the black for R99 after messing with the sliders yesterday and after the Black Friday debacle took a screenshot this time.

Still deciding if it's worth putting up another fight to get this deal.

View attachment 592178
So, over the past 2 weeks they've been calling me every couple of days trying to make me accept the Lavender color and pulling the whole "Black is out of stock, did the previous agent explain that to you?" shpeel.

Stuck to my guns each and every time by insisting on the Black color because that's what I ordered and it IS in stock but at a much higher price now. I was actually pretty close to telling them to cancel the deal because I don't even need the phone TBH.

They called me today to say that they managed to "release" that deal and delivery will be next week. Being difficult seems to work, I need to work on keeping up this assertiveness because I usually just accept things and move on :ROFL:

airborne

Executive Member
So, over the past 2 weeks they've been calling me every couple of days trying to make me accept the Lavender color and pulling the whole "Black is out of stock, did the previous agent explain that to you?" shpeel.

Stuck to my guns each and every time by insisting on the Black color because that's what I ordered and it IS in stock but at a much higher price now. I was actually pretty close to telling them to cancel the deal because I don't even need the phone TBH.

They called me today to say that they managed to "release" that deal and delivery will be next week. Being difficult seems to work, I need to work on keeping up this assertiveness because I usually just accept things and move on :ROFL:
How the hell did you convince them?

Were they happy to offer the lavender one at R99, because when I ordered a lavender one they phoned me and when I mentioned it was R99 they said sorrrry website mistake R349 or gtfo.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
How the hell did you convince them?

Were they happy to offer the lavender one at R99, because when I ordered a lavender one they phoned me and when I mentioned it was R99 they said sorrrry website mistake R349 or gtfo.
They offered me the lavender at R99 which I declined each time. At no point did they say the lavender is out of stock or only available at R349.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

Sweet! The lavender actually looks quite nice imo.

marioat1

Expert Member
Received my lavender a6+ today and neat little device. New owner super impressed with it and the 64gb SD card that was included. Hopefully he doesn't lose this 1

marioat1

Expert Member
I put my order in last Thursday when I canceled the s60, no credit vetting done. On the s60 application also nothing

MR.C

Expert Member
Inappliednforntge Sirocco on Black Friday, got told that ice been denied.
Applied for the A6+ twice. First time received email requesting docs but didnt go ahead with it, cos I am a Vodacom client. Applied again 2 days later and the email said I was denied.

Got a call last 2 weeks about delivery, told them I'm not around, delivery was supposed to be scheduled for last week.
Called yesterday, they said they got no stock of the A6+. Contacted them later stating that the A6+ was showing in stock online, they then claimed that I have been approved for the Sirocco and that they waiting for stock, and I've been denied for the A6+ both times.

Dont actually want the Sirocco now, dont kmow what to do.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Inappliednforntge Sirocco on Black Friday, got told that ice been denied.
Applied for the A6+ twice. First time received email requesting docs but didnt go ahead with it, cos I am a Vodacom client. Applied again 2 days later and the email said I was denied.

Got a call last 2 weeks about delivery, told them I'm not around, delivery was supposed to be scheduled for last week.
Called yesterday, they said they got no stock of the A6+. Contacted them later stating that the A6+ was showing in stock online, they then claimed that I have been approved for the Sirocco and that they waiting for stock, and I've been denied for the A6+ both times.

Dont actually want the Sirocco now, dont kmow what to do.
Why don't you want the Sirocco? It's a great little device.

MR.C

Expert Member
Why don't you want the Sirocco? It's a great little device.
You think I should replace my S8 with the Nokia ?
Was considering it but its not an upgrade, and will be paying extra every month for something that's not necessary.

If it was the R99pm A6+, my son will take the sim card and I was probably gonna sell the phone.

Still undecided

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Was considering it but its not an upgrade, and will be paying extra every month for something that's not necessary.

If it was the R99pm A6+, my son will take the sim card and I was probably gonna sell the phone.

Still undecided
It is an upgrade, your getting a high spec device with an optimal operating system that is not being bogged down by 4+gb of OEM crap and additional security flaws that don't get patched.

Quite frankly a lower spec Nokia would perform better, Samsung only ranks top in benchmarks cause they hack those. Back in the real world they great underform for their spec. Stick a custom rom on there and it'll be like upgrading from a pogie to a porche.

That is why I no longer buy Samsung, I stuck a custom rom on the last one I owned and it was like day and night the performance difference.

Samsung makes fantastic hardware, but they hired the ANC to manage the software.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

Still undecided
Remind me - you ordered a Sirocco and an A6+? Are both on their way to you?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I thought Vodacom doesn't allow new contract applications within 3 months of getting an existing one?
If you apply for 2 at the same time it's technically 1 application process. They would use the same vetting. Or they just gatvol of fighting with all of us.

MR.C

Expert Member
Remind me - you ordered a Sirocco and an A6+? Are both on their way to you?
Ordered a Sirocco, emailed Vodacom and so that's confirmed, new contract.

Applied for the A6+ twice, and been denied twice. At the moment I have 3 contracts, Sirocco deal will maybe be contract number 4