Clickbait confirmed: Vodacom's Black Friday Sirocco deal

Did Vodacom screw people over completely unnecessarily?

• Yes: everybody who got a deal number should have gotten the deal, simple

• No: a company is allowed to accept applications for things they can't deliver

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol, they used the back order trick. The whole office probably burst out in evil laughter when the operator told you that.

In common parlance when Vodascum says "back order" it means hahaha you are sht out of luck but we are going to string you along for a few more weeks and then finally dash your hopes.

Obviously they won't have the decency to let you know this but you will have to endure a few more hopeless calls, waiting on hold for 10mins for the phantom operator that will never answer their phone.
It's possible airborne, but considering the public backlash they've already received on this, and the way they initially stopped processing new orders and then later resumed with contacting people who had placed orders AFTER those had been referred back to Vodacom Online by the client care consultants investigating the matter in the CEO's office, I highly doubt they're going to risk screwing everybody over twice. There are also multiple reports on this thread AND the one on Carbonite of people receiving their phones this week ... so I'm hopeful. By next week we should have a clearer indication of just how long the 'back order' actually is, at any rate.

airborne

Executive Member
Best of luck, would be great to finally get the phone after all the hoops you've jumped through.

I recently went through a "phone is on back order" experience with Vodascum and it didn't end well.

Seylan

nokia7+.jpg
Vodacom is trolling us with the R165 deals :D. At first I thought they going to offer the 7 Plus on a top-up 165 as the replacement for the 8 Sirocco black friday deal, which would still be great value, but nope:
nokia7++.jpg

After emailing Shameel, I was contacted and they managed to help me out too. I think it was on Friday last week that I completed my porting process with them and got my phone delivered today. Thanks for the support guys, and good luck to those who are still trying to get your phones. I sincerely hope you get them!

DarkImpact

Vodacom is trolling us with the R165 deals :D. At first I thought they going to offer the 7 Plus on a top-up 165 as the replacement for the 8 Sirocco black friday deal, which would still be great value, but nope:
That is exactly what they did for me. Phoned me to offer the Nokia 7 Plus instead of the Nokia 8 as these phones are out of stock and wont be restocked.

Sooooo today I get a call on my work landline from Vodacom Confirmations, where the lady asks me some security questions based on my credit history, confirms the details of the contract and device ordered, and ends by saying ... it will be despatched on Monday!

I can honestly say I've never jumped through this many hoops before for a deal.

The irony: last time I had a Vodacom contract I went into a Vodacom store with my wife, without any financial documents apart from my ID (I apparently didn't need that coz my last contract application was less than three months old), and they added a second device to my contract and gave my wife the phone immediately (a flagship device that they even had in stock in on-site storage). Walked out one hour later device-in-hand ... and that was Vodacom too!

I know, I know ... different device, no promo pricing ... but what a different experience!

ekske1

Expert Member
Sooooo today I get a call on my work landline from Vodacom Confirmations, where the lady asks me some security questions based on my credit history, confirms the details of the contract and device ordered, and ends by saying ... it will be dispatched on Monday!

I can honestly say I've never jumped through this many hoops before for a deal.

The irony: last time I had a Vodacom contract I went into a Vodacom store with my wife, without any financial documents apart from my ID (I apparently didn't need that coz my last contract application was less than three months old), and they added a second device to my contract and gave my wife the phone immediately (a flagship device that they even had in stock in on-site storage). Walked out one hour later device-in-hand ... and that was Vodacom too!

I know, I know ... different device, no promo pricing ... but what a different experience!
Back to this post then
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...lack-friday-sirocco-deal.992260/post-22538074

Seems there was more to it than relationship, conspiracy and or common sense.

And now we wait for ' Return of the Foxhound5366 '

Seylan

That is exactly what they did for me. Phoned me to offer the Nokia 7 Plus instead of the Nokia 8 as these phones are out of stock and wont be restocked.
Had a similar call, but offering a A6+ instead of the A8 I ordered at the same price. Will see what happens next
Sooooo today I get a call on my work landline from Vodacom Confirmations, where the lady asks me some security questions based on my credit history, confirms the details of the contract and device ordered, and ends by saying ... it will be despatched on Monday!
Ahh, nice. I guess I am just one of the people they don't like then :laugh: I didn't even get an alternative offer. Oh well, time to start saving up for that Mate 20 Pro now (Edit: nvm, I can't shell out R700 pm for that :X3:)...

Ahh, nice. I guess I am just one of the people they don't like then :laugh: I didn't even get an alternative offer. Oh well, time to start saving up for that Mate 20 Pro now (Edit: nvm, I can't shell out R700 pm for that :X3:)...
Haha Seylan, that is why I fought so hard to get this deal. I'm totes not ready to pay R700/month ... so at R165/month I'll make do with whatever shortcomings the Sirocco has lol. One day I'll be big and treat myself to the iPhone 20

bobbyb

Haha Seylan, that is why I fought so hard to get this deal. I'm totes not ready to pay R700/month ... so at R165/month I'll make do with whatever shortcomings the Sirocco has lol. One day I'll be big and treat myself to the iPhone 20
I followed your steps and got the phone too. So thank you.

I want to get a screen protector and cover before I unbox the thing. I've looked online and reviews on what is available for the Sirocco are generally poor.
Any advice on what to buy / where to buy / where to post for guidance and recommendation?

Also called today and got the "back order" story...:rolleyes:

I'm not accepting the "phone has been discontinued" line either from Vodacom until HMD makes an official statement that the handset has been discontinued.

Will give the email a try as well.