Clicks apologise for ‘racially insensitive’ hair campaign

Temujin

Honorary Master
Are EFF sure this is the station they hate

The party that promoted the violence shifted the focus away from the advert to themselves. Anybody planning a trip to a Clicks, or a shopping mall that has one is forced to focus on the violence and the inability of government to prevent it.
"there must be accountability"... so fire the marketing director, that'll show them racists :thumbsup:

Oh wait:oops:

sybawoods

Expert Member
It's fine if it's a white woman but as soon as a black woman's hair is shown as needing some attention it's wrong. Do YOU even see the problem with that?
Why do you see their hair as needing attention? Do YOU even see the problem with that?

Sollie

Honorary Master
Why do you see their hair as needing attention? Do YOU even see the problem with that?
Are you female? If not, adapt a caring attitude, ask your GF/Wife/Mother/Aunts/Skelmpie ... they will explain it rather well. :sneaky::laugh:

schumi

Honorary Master
Are we sure this is a "white company" the marketing directors not white the CEO is not white. Perhaps they could plead not guilty since " blacks can't be racist "

sybawoods

Expert Member
I've had to use anti-dandruff shampoo in the past. At some point, your hair will need attention, you utter dullard.
LOL. Good for you. Head and shoulders? Back to the regular scheduled programming... given your obvious expertise, which pictures on that advertisement needs attention and why?

Sollie

Honorary Master
Are we sure this is a "white company" the marketing directors not white the CEO is not white. Perhaps they could plead not guilty since " blacks can't be racist "
These guys are being sexist, victimizing the female CEO.

sybawoods

Expert Member
Are you female? If not, adapt a caring attitude, ask your GF/Wife/Mother/Aunts/Skelmpie ... they will explain it rather well. :sneaky::laugh:
Well, perhaps I'm hanging lout with the wrong crowd. The peeps I'm speaking to love the look of what the advertisement (and most of you lot ) see as "problem" hair. These days, people tend to like the hair they are born with. It's a crying shame.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Well, perhaps I'm hanging lout with the wrong crowd. The peeps I'm speaking to love the look of what the advertisement (and most of you lot ) see as "problem" hair. These days, people tend to like the hair they are born with. It's a crying shame.
I just know to not say "Oh, that's nice" if my wife says "My hair is flat an fine". It's no a self compliment. The doghouse is cold.

You'd also best watch out. Somebody is bound to throw this at you, before zapping your wallet and running to Clicks:

cronjec

Looking at crime reports over the past few months regarding femicide, child abuse and COVID related corruption one would think the EFF had their finger on the pulse (or had the balls) to tackle these issues with the same vigor they do commerce. But no, it is much easier to spend energy at the local mall close to news cameras, fighting seemingly unintentional bad advertising choices by vendors such as H&M or Clicks... (remember the t shirt thing 2 years ago?)

So remains the myth of the EFF’s "revolutionary character". Much more opportunistic than revolutionary it seems as always.

azbob

Honorary Master
I’m curious. Is the model’s hair really dry & damaged? I’m guessing not. Since, you know, she’s a model and probably takes good care of her hair.

So what was the brief here? Find us models with dry & damaged hair? Because they would be highly unlikely to be found. Was she told to let her hair get dry & damaged for the shoot? Again, highly unlikely.

Did Tresemme just use a random model from their portfolio? Did the model know her hair would be used as “dry & damaged”?

Reactions: STS

Brenden_E

Executive Member
I’m curious. Is the model’s hair really dry & damaged? I’m guessing not. Since, you know, she’s a model and probably takes good care of her hair.

So what was the brief here? Find us models with dry & damaged hair? Because they would be highly unlikely to be found. Was she told to let her hair get dry & damaged for the shoot? Again, highly unlikely.

Did Tresemme just use a random model from their portfolio? Did the model know her hair would be used as “dry & damaged”?
Positive images sell better than negative ones. You don't see images of oily hair for those shampoos. The marketing shows how awesome the hair will be after.

That this made 44 pages of posts is really an indicator of how fked SA is. So many problems to solve, yet the discourse is about dry hair and conjured racism.