Clicks apologise for ‘racially insensitive’ hair campaign

lumeer

Expert Member
Therein lies the problem. You consider racism to be nothing but "hurt feelings". You would rather that we just suck it up in the face of being denigrated. Pretend everything is fine when we are being insulted.

This incident does not justify what the EFF is doing. Just yesterday EFF protesters were threatening to burn down a hospital if its pharmacy did not close.

rietrot

Honorary Master
The alternative is to say its not offensive and it wasn't a mistake and they weren't shocked, which is far worse.
Ultimately you are expected to fold and grovel whether you like it or not, whether you think your right or not.
The truth is worse than trying grovel to appease the communist, lie, and virtue signal. Okay then.
We have different values.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Therein lies the problem. You consider racism to be nothing but "hurt feelings". You would rather that we just suck it up in the face of being denigrated. Pretend everything is fine when we are being insulted.

So you support violent and threatening behaviour when you have been insulted, even when it is directed at those not responsible?

Ponderer

Expert Member
Race come in at the point where they used a black model to illustrate "dry and damaged" hair, while white was depicted as "normal".
You see racism where there is none.
The reason for this is that you are racist.
You are a racist, and you will remain a racist for as long as you want to be a racist.
Wake up.

Forum Reader

Race come in at the point where they used a black model to illustrate "dry and damaged" hair, while white was depicted as "normal".

They were being diverse as this is SA after all where we have quotas for everything. Using all black models or all white models may have been better in hindsight. They probably didn't go that route because they are selling hair products for everyone. Not just one race.

Mila

Honorary Master
So no black person has ever had dry and damaged hair and has never needed shampoo for dry and damaged hair?
Yeah.
We believe your fake outrage
You also never needed body lotion for dry damaged skin.
Never ever needed dandruff shampoo
Never ever ever needed acne solution

Nope.
Never.
So for years we heard that the media only targets white people
And part of white privilege is always having products that cater for white needs.
While black people had a limited amount of products.

so now you tell me that that was a lie all the time?

stop being a hypocrite

Last edited:

Nqindi

Expert Member
So you don't care much for your future and those of your children? You'd rather destroy SA as long as it pisses of whites?

You realise you have serious mental issues?
I disagree with you so I must have mental issues? :rolleyes:

Nqindi

Expert Member
Juju does not care for "blacks".
Juju only cares about Juju.
Wake up.
And yet he is standing up to racist media that depicts black people as outside the norm and white as normal. That is good enough for me.

Mila

Honorary Master
Challenging your world view is not racist. Would you rather I cower to you and agree with everything you say?
Ditto.
Your not challenging my world view. What views are you challenging?
I do not want you to cower. For what?
There is nothing to cower about.
I’m telling you to stop being a racist.
you are being a racists hypocrite.

You can’t have it both ways.
You can’t be included in everything ( which i agree you should) but cry when you are used in dry and damaged hair commercials.
So do you want to be included or not.
You can not demand to beincuded in only the nice stuff.
( i have since the beginning said they should have used a black model for the normal hair picture as well)

Has anyone noticed its the hysterical feminazzies at it again.
Triggered.

Solitude

Executive Member
And yet he is standing up to racist media that depicts black people as outside the norm and white as normal. That is good enough for me.

I ask again. If the ads were made by black people, is it still racist?

w@nted

This discussion is just a sad reminder of why our country is where it is.

Malema managed to brainwash so many in supporting him and his racist views. That his supporters actually believe he is "fighting" for blacks dignity. Why is he not fighting corruption, the stolen 500 Billion Rand during covid? Show one example where the EFF has actually contributed to uplift/equip/improve anyone's lives apart from himself and his buddies?

Our GDP decreased by 50% and the headline news is about shampoo. I rest my case.

Mila

Honorary Master
Its normal to have dry and damaged hair.
Its very rare to have normal hair.

Do you even have hair.
I don’t think you do.

you are a racist.
why do you want to be normal anyway. Its so mediocre.

Nqindi

Expert Member
And you are one of the suckers that fall for it.
That's democracy works dude. You give a politician your vote so that they can go and fight for the causes you feel should be stood for. Thier internal motivations are irrelevant to me as long as Tresemme stops thier sh*t.