Clicks to acquire Pick n Pay retail pharmacy business

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Clever move from Clicks if you ask me.

Just from a perception point of view (an its limited to me and a few in my small circle) Clicks has been taking a bit of a hammering from Dischem, as there always seems to be a Dischem relatively close to a Clicks wherever I go and I would rather go to a Dischem if I have the choice between the two, though its relatively rare that I go to a shopping centre type of setup for a pharmacy so a Clicks in a PnP would be a relatively big hit I think in the long run if they can roll out more than just 25 of them.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Clever move from Clicks if you ask me.

Just from a perception point of view (an its limited to me and a few in my small circle) Clicks has been taking a bit of a hammering from Dischem, as there always seems to be a Dischem relatively close to a Clicks wherever I go and I would rather go to a Dischem if I have the choice between the two, though its relatively rare that I go to a shopping centre type of setup for a pharmacy so a Clicks in a PnP would be a relatively big hit I think in the long run if they can roll out more than just 25 of them.
I think it would literally be OTC and dispensary products though.
Surely PnP won't give up the revenue on the rest of the pharmacy type products?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I think it would literally be OTC and dispensary products though.
Surely PnP won't give up the revenue on the rest of the pharmacy type products?

Yeah its just OTC and dispensary type products... but Clicks want to grow that customer base further and then you have that "traction" with customers when all their scripts are with you and when they need a repeat or whatever they will go to the nearest Clicks because its on their central system.

I do think there is significant profit in those items anyway though so even if those customers don't necessarily turn into customers for the larger Clicks stores in other areas its still a good financial move for them, as it removes a potential new competitor from the market who could bleed customers away from Clicks purely from a convenience point of view.

xcaliber

Expert Member
Clicks should improve thier online store.

Dischem is faster and more efficient .