Climate change tipping point could be coming sooner than we think: study

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
:D I bet you R1m they're wrong. If you don't like that, name your sum.
I think you need some kind of scientific approach to play this game.
We don't gamble with religious zealots.
They are on a completely different wavelength to the scientific community.
Not compatible at all to even be holding a scientific conversation.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Agreed. But in this case it's the Church of Anthropogenic Climate Change that's proselytising their religion.

rietrot

Honorary Master
When did you convert? You were also a religious zealot.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
When did you convert? You were also a religious zealot.
When I figured it out that Science had it right.
You can't put religious preference or faith based assumptions ahead of testable and observable scientific data.

garp

Executive Member
Yeah a picture of a sick polar bear next to a healthy one, and a picture of arctic sea ice in the middle of winter vs the middle of summer - what could possibly be misleading about that?

Even the source of that polar bear pic acknowledges it's deliberately intended to mislead:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...e-through-the-lens-starving-polar-bear-photo/
Editor's Note: National Geographic went too far in drawing a definitive connection between climate change and a particular starving polar bear in the opening caption of our December 2017 video about the animal.
Perhaps we made a mistake not telling the full story—that we were looking for a picture that foretold the future.
The global warming movement has a huge credibility problem, and this kind of thing is exactly the reason why.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Yeah a picture of a sick polar bear next to a healthy one, and a picture of arctic sea ice in the middle of winter vs the middle of summer - what could possibly be misleading about that?

Even the source of that polar bear pic acknowledges it's deliberately intended to mislead:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...e-through-the-lens-starving-polar-bear-photo/

The global warming movement has a huge credibility problem, and this kind of thing is exactly the reason why.
You shouldn't be basing your assumptions about climate change on memes, but on the science itself.
The meme is designed to make people think. We already KNOW it uses stock images and the ice shelf pic below is computer generated. We expect you to do the homework for yourself.
This is the whole point... stop following social eddies and flows on climate change and read the science for itself!

garp

Executive Member
You shouldn't be basing your assumptions about climate change on memes, but on the science itself.
The meme is designed to make people think. We already KNOW it uses stock images and the ice shelf pic below is computer generated. We expect you to do the homework for yourself.
This is the whole point... stop following social eddies and flows on climate change and read the science for itself!
I'm confused - you posted the meme, not me. Was it meant in sarcasm? If so, I apologise for misinterpreting your message.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I'm confused - you posted the meme, not me. Was it meant in sarcasm? If so, I apologise for misinterpreting your message.
Nasa also uses CGI mockups and infographics to illustrate the science behind space and astronomical entities.
Do we know the earth is flat because we know those are not real?

rietrot

Honorary Master
The meme is designed to try and ridicule and it does it's job perfectly. It just makes those who post it look stupid.