Closing a Telkom business account from abroad.

Jeffrsnapln

I know this thread is in the wrong place, but its the closest I can find...

I need to close my Telkom business fixed line acount from abroad. I have emailed the required documents and recieved confirmation of receipt more than 21 business days ago. Nothing has happened.

I cannot call 10217 / 10213 or 10903 / 10900 from here.

The online chat service cannot help with business accounts, or provide any other way of contacting the right department...

I would like to pay the outstanding balance on my account and close it immediately, but Telkom is making it very difficult for me. If there is any Telkom employee on this forum who would like to help Telkom get the last money they will ever see from me, PM me now.

Many thanks.

Ianf1

Expert Member
After you contact 10217 you have to send a certified ID and a cancellation letter on a company letterhead to: STocST@telkom.co.za
So just send that and see if it works>

ghostim

Expert Member
Telkom is way behind on cancellations. It will take about 3 to 4 months to cancel. E-mail the original cancellation at least once a week to STocST@telkom.co.za, may you get lucky.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Yes, I did that a month ago.
Look for other email addresses on the telkom website. I used Secretariat at telkom.co.za as well but it may be cancelled now. The investor relations section is the best place to harvest manned email addresses.