Status
Not open for further replies.

swim

Expert Member
Michael Langeveld
Reason's to go to Huawei cloud
Trustworthiness, exclusivity, Partnership and affordability

Caliph

Huawei Cloud, global connectivity, local support & local compliance.

Goliath

Expert Member
Ray Rui: Huawei has more that 30 years of experience in ICT. Their cloud services aim to provide secure, stable and sustainable services.

Michael Langeveld: The Ascend 910 AI processors are impressive.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Michael Langeveld
Diverse Cloud architecture and unparalleled performance that Huawei has produced. Fullstack innovation with optimal performance.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Ray Rui
Hauwei having 10000 partners for cloud development contributing more than 60% of its value.

ADrunkTeddyBear

Ray Rui
Huawei has more that 30 years of experience in ICT. Their cloud services aim to provide secure, stable and sustainable services(theres gaming mentioned in here as well, looking forward to a huawei gaming service)

Michael Langeveld
Huawei are able to use their own developed and manufactured processors for cloud services and AI.

TJAY348

Michael Langeveld

Huawei's focus on digital transformation.
Having an open eco system
30 years of innovation harnessed.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I listened to the Ray Rui interview in its entirety. They talk the same as MS Azure, Amazon AWS and VMware. It is a competitive space, but it seems to be that China wants to take over the communication technology mediums as they highlighted the 5G use in China, it hints at the practice their being proposed here. Generally I welcome this as long as privacy is upheld. Yes, I believe Huawei is on a good track with making public cloud more accessible here on the continent. I wish them my best.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Michael Langeveld

Huawei's focus on digital transformation.
Having an open ecosystem
30 years of innovation harnessed.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Michael Langeveld said more the same, but with how the service is locally applied. Also, "best", "best", best", I would like to see real numbers. Best is generally the biggest claim anyone can make. His interview was straight up marketing, what is available and how it is available, and with the "best" attachment claims.

Again, they are competing against Azure, AWS, VM... and Google, but Google doesn't promote themselves as vocally through partner channels as the others, mainly due to Google being keen on keeping the business tick in-house.

Yes, the state is now dependent on Huawei cloud which is being expanded into the public cloud. So... lock in, not an easy migration to escape even though migration is supposed to be a key advantage to cloud.

Again, good luck to the local (and public) venture. Good on them providing training. Huawei sure places emphasis on governance.

R13...

Honorary Master
Ray Rui
Interesting that Huaweui are seeing such an increase in move from on premise to c;loud. Also 9% is good growth for Africa where infrastructure is still lagging

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Ray Rui,
mentioned that they have seen an increase from 0% - 9% market share in the past 9 months within South Africa.

R13...

Honorary Master
Michael Langeveld
Huawei believe themselves more locally invested in cloud in South Africa than the major cloud provides such as Microsoft & AWS.

TheJman

Expert Member
Michael Langeveld:

"Having an open ecosystem that harnesses all the way from the chip to the devices as well as cloud strategy"

Nishant

Haewei cloud provides 24/7 protection governed by 41 global compliance certificates

TheJman

Expert Member
Ray Rui:

"Estimate African Cloud Service market at around $500m in 2018, been growing average of 16% over past 3 years, nearly 3 times faster than global average"

Status
Not open for further replies.