Cloudflare launches VPN that speeds up your Internet

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Cloudflare launches VPN that speeds up your Internet

Cloudflare has announced its new Warp VPN service, which aims to improve security and performance when browsing the Internet.

The company said the VPN was built using the knowledge gained from the development of its 1.1.1.1 DNS service and is designed to be "a VPN for people who don’t know what V.P.N. stands for".

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
One has to ask, will it circumvent geo-blocking?
Doesnt look like it, I installed the app and it routes me through jhb. I assume the premium app may get that functionality, but the free one routes you through their closet cdn

McGuywer

Executive Member
Doesnt look like it, I installed the app and it routes me through jhb. I assume the premium app may get that functionality, but the free one routes you through their closet cdn
Yip, that's what I thought. I presumed it will route you through the closest node.
I agree, perhaps with the premium version.

Any one else broadly using 1.1.1.1? It seems internationally it is quite used a lot.

Pythonista

Is this only for android (and maybe apple) phones ? Or can a home desktop/laptop use it too ?

Swa

Honorary Master
Nothing for the desktop? I just want something where I can spoof my location with like 100MB per month but for some reason nobody wants to offer it at a fair price and everyone just wants to extort money from me.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Nothing for the desktop? I just want something where I can spoof my location with like 100MB per month but for some reason nobody wants to offer it at a fair price and everyone just wants to extort money from me.
TunnelBear?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Happy with my lifetime Windscribe sub thanks.
Windscribe or Tunnelbear.

Speedster

Executive Member
Yip, that's what I thought. I presumed it will route you through the closest node.
I agree, perhaps with the premium version.

Any one else broadly using 1.1.1.1? It seems internationally it is quite used a lot.
I use 1.1.1.1 as dns on my laptop and have the app on my phone. I only use it when the wifi dns I'm on blocks content I need to access

Swa

Honorary Master
TunnelBear?
Could work but I don't see them having Russia yet.

Happy with my lifetime Windscribe sub thanks.Windscribe or Tunnelbear.
Windscribe if I'm correct also doesn't have Russia included so I'd need to pay extra for it. I can get a full featured lifetime VPN for about the same money as it would cost me.

I don't get why no VPN service can offer me a fairly priced full plan when I'm not even using 10MB a month. Proxies it is then.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member

Windscribe if I'm correct also doesn't have Russia included so I'd need to pay extra for it. I can get a full featured lifetime VPN for about the same money as it would cost me.

I don't get why no VPN service can offer me a fairly priced full plan when I'm not even using 10MB a month. Proxies it is then.
What's special there?

waylander

Expert Member

Are you looking for VPN with a Russian-exit node? If so, DM.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma

https://protonvpn.com/vpn-servers

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Windscribe has build a plan for like $1 p/m per location. Cheap as chips.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Nuclear? No seriously, many things are priced regionally. But paying monthly for a VPN negates the few dollars saved. Would rather go with a free proxy.

Aware of that but it's still expensive if you only use 10MB per month or less.
Like how stupid cheap the Russian Steam store is?