CNN story re: crimexposouthafrica.co.za

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Yeah but taking gruesome pics from sites such as rotten.com and referring to them as SA murder scenes should make you question wtf he's up to.

I'm not very fond of the way the gvt does things myself, but that's why I say punish the politicians and tarnish their images, don't fsck up the country for people who have nothing to do with gvt decisions. Don't destroy the livelihood of thousands of people in the tourism industry.

Sure something needs to be done, but this is not the way to do it. Once a politician becomes corrupt, no action in the world is going to influence change in them as long as they're living a wealthy and comfortable life. The only thing that might work is to put a dent in their ego.

spiderz

Honorary Master
Highflyer_GP said:
Paul_S I'm not saying don't moan because we all have a right to as taxpayers. I'm saying that all those in favour of destroying tourism (one of our largest means of foreign investment) shouldn't moan if we happen to head the Zim way. Read the links posted above
Our goverment has already effectivly destroyed a 1bil R a year hunting tourist industry by impleminting their gunlaws. Whoopi! Save the 1/2 ppl that is gonna die by accidential shootings a year. Waste 2bil+ of taxpayers money.

And what did this do to our crime levels? We still have the 2/3 accidental shooting deaths a year, crime is soaring! (Criminals have a safe working enviroment) Do'nt say the goverment does'nt do anything 4 their subjects. (the criminals that is)

Bart Henderson the President of the South African Institute of Corporate Fraud Management has verified that some of the content, specifically pictures used to highlight violence on the Crime Expo site has been taken from sites that are not genuine South African crime sites (pics taken from rotten.com)

So…when you lie to get the reaction you want it’s ok? As long as the end is one I had in mind it doesn’t matter if I use devious means? I can just say it was meant for good and then my wrong actions are made right?

That sounds just like the people in goverment the Crime Expo website is against.

This is not the war zone Mr. Watson makes it out to be. The picture he paints tells the world that most South Africans are criminals - the last time I checked the non criminals outnumbered the criminals.

RichardP

Banned
Bart Henderson the President of the South African Institute of Corporate Fraud Management .
And who is he when he is at home? .. "According to the Gospel of Winne the Pooh" has the same effect.
I dont like the site, it doesnt render, its content is crap - but that does not excuse a Murder rate that makes the war in IRAQ look like a sunday school camp.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Very simple - Government do something about crime and websites like this will not be necessary. And please be realistic, even if everybody gets a job tomorrow it won't dent crime. Crime has become a way of life in SA. The only thing that is going to stop it is enforcement.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
By plagarising images from other sites and passing it as real images of SA murder scenes makes him just as guilty of the fraud and corruption that he accuses the government of. That in my eye is a hypocrate.

RichardP

Banned
Highflyer_GP said:
By plagarising images from other sites and passing it as real images of SA murder scenes makes him just as guilty of the fraud and corruption that he accuses the government of. That in my eye is a hypocrate.
Who said he plagarised ? Maybe he has permission from the original uploader on rotten.com? Maybe it was uploaded there 'cos there was no crime site avaliable...

Its ALL assumptions.... why not ask Niel instead of ripping his head off..

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
If he had permission then it should clearly say so on his site that the image is used under permission from rotten.com or whoever the case may be.

Even still, it doesn't change the fact that he's passing foreign images as legitimate SA crime scenes. We all agree that there's a crime problem, but to go to the extent that he has with regards to the pictures is not only unethical but also downright cheap.

RichardP

Banned
Highflyer_GP said:
Even still, it doesn't change the fact that he's passing foreign images as legitimate SA crime scenes..

Who said the images are foriegn ? just 'cos they are rotten.com doesnt mean they dont come from SA - If he is knowingly plagarising, then he needs to be brought to book for 'Dis-information' .. but if they are REAL and can be proven to be so, then we must eat humble pie and stare in disbelief at what South Africans do to each other.

Last edited:

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Can you (or anyone else) prove that the images are from SA? Now who's the one assuming things ;) Whether or not it is, he should still clearly state the source of the images since that's the ethical thing to do.

It's akin to me publishing pictures of hot women from another site to try and show the rest of the world that we have some finest chics in the world. It doesn't prove nor disprove anything, it just makes people question my integrity.

Last edited:

RichardP

Banned
Highflyer_GP said:
Can you (or anyone else) prove that the images are from SA? Now who's the one assuming things ;) Whether or not it is, he should still clearly state the source of the images since that's the ethical thing to do.

It's akin to me publishing pictures of hot women from another site to try and show the rest of the world that we have some finest chics in the world. It doesn't prove nor disprove anything, it just makes people question my integrity.
I do agree his eithics are in question.... but what happened to 'Innocent until proven guilty' - I am giving him the benifit of the doubt.

RichardP said:
I do agree his eithics are in question.... but what happened to 'Innocent until proven guilty' - I am giving him the benifit of the doubt.
His already been proven to be a lying. None of us are saying we WANT crime to happen. We are against the way Neil Watson is lying (as now proved - see previous posts).

Do you really think that, based on his arrogant and condescending replies and dismissal of his non politician detractors who have taken him to task he will say, "Ohhh, yes, I used those images without permission - sorry."

And you would also dismiss out of hand the words of the the South African Institute of Corporate Fraud Management to fit your arguement. Kind of like people saying the world is flat.

"Ja, well he, lied, confirmed but you must still prove it..."

Ok

RichardP

Banned
I dont like his attitude either, but firstly - you cant plagorise Pictures, you can infringe on copyrights. If HE lied, then HE must sleep at night thinking how he is fvcking up SA and all things good and wholesome. If he DIDNT lie, then you all have found him guilty without hearing his side of the story.

Mr Watson? Comments please? Are you lying to the rest of the world? If you are lying, then YOU sould be held for Treason! (afaik, it still holds the death penalty)

As for the South African Institute of Corporate Fraud Management... would it not be the same as "South African Institute of Taxi management" or "South African Institute of Agriculture"... its the same as Microsoft saying Linux is bad.

infectious agent said:
His already been proven to be a lying. None of us are saying we WANT crime to happen. We are against the way Neil Watson is lying (as now proved - see previous posts).

Do you really think that, based on his arrogant and condescending replies and dismissal of his non politician detractors who have taken him to task he will say, "Ohhh, yes, I used those images without permission - sorry."

And you would also dismiss out of hand the words of the the South African Institute of Corporate Fraud Management to fit your arguement. Kind of like people saying the world is flat.

"Ja, well he, lied, confirmed but you must still prove it..."

Ok

Last edited:
RichardP said:
I dont like his attitude either, but firstly - you cant plagorise Pictures, you can infringe on copyrights. If HE lied, then HE must sleep at night thinking how he is fvcking up SA and all things good and wholesome. If he DIDNT lie, then you all have found him guilty without hearing his side of the story.

Mr Watson? Comments please? Are you lying to the rest of the world? If you are lying, then YOU sould be held for Treason! (afaik, it still holds the death penalty)

As for the South African Institute of Corporate Fraud Management... would it not be the same as "South African Institute of Taxi management" or "South African Institute of Agriculture"... its the same as Microsoft saying Linux is bad.
I now realise that the world was flat all the time.

pupa

Banned
I did not read all of this, just remember the neckclace "courts" given in public by locals to their own people for so called informants, everyone fogot that? Sic, they are as wild and barbarian as in the 1600's nothing changed as yet and it will never!

RichardP

Banned
infectious agent said:
I now realise that the world was flat all the time.
I am not saying he lied or he didnt ... just put your money where your mouth is and prove Mr Watson to be a liar ... maybe Mr Watson is using his right to "freedom of expression"

Show me 1 day on news24 or IOL where there are no fewer than 3 dead/mugging/heists on that day... and those are the ones that make the papers.

RichardP said:
I am not saying he lied or he didnt ... just put your money where your mouth is and prove Mr Watson to be a liar ... maybe Mr Watson is using his right to "freedom of expression"

Show me 1 day on news24 or IOL where there are no fewer than 3 dead/mugging/heists on that day... and those are the ones that make the papers.
He lied. How are you not seeing this? Contact the gentleman I mentioned if you can't get it into your head.

And what about the IOL, News24, MG etc. reports? I'm not saying that crime is not a problem - it is. Jeez, when it rains I can't take my motorcyle in so I travel by TAXI. Every morning for the last two days I have to drive past the spot where 2 months ago two gunmen stood on ether side of the road and opened up with AK47 at passing traffic. Nothing in the news about that one or many other acts that happen like this in my area alone. Last year, a home was broken into and the occupant killed - two roads away from where I stay and more happening all the time. If I thought for one second that website would help the crime problem I would support it - but it can't so I won't. Besides that how can I support someone who lies like that? Even if his intentions are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.