co.za Domain Deletions [2020 update]

mh348

Expert Member
For domains that are still on the Legacy system, whats the current max Icnt? From what I can see, according to the account schedule, its Icnt 3, but I'm not sure how this currently works...

I'm looking to register a domain that's currently on Icnt 3 (un-paid), but the message below shows the following:

Domain is set for suspension as per the accounts schedule -"
Max Statement count is 3
According to the schedule (http://co.za/schedule.shtml) suspensions should have been done on the 18th May.

The way I understand it the domain should already be set for 'deletion' as it has already passed the 'suspension' date.

Inflicted

If the domain that you want to register is already on ICnt 3, then it will be scheduled for deletion on 22 May 2020.

ICnt 3 is the maximum, so just keep checking the Whois search to see when the name is available for registration...

Unfortunately, the names that are pending deletion will be removed from the registry at random times throughout the day (and at night sometimes), so you need to keep watching it to grab it before somebody else does!

If the name is a common generic term, then you better hope that a domainer doesn't have a dropscript running for that particular name because then you will never get it. They're just too quick!

Note: The legacy system deletes names at random times to prevent a massive load on the system when everyone tries to register names at the same time, so just be patient and keep checking...

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
For domains that are still on the Legacy system, whats the current max Icnt? From what I can see, according to the account schedule, its Icnt 3, but I'm not sure how this currently works...

I'm looking to register a domain that's currently on Icnt 3 (un-paid), but the message below shows the following:

According to the schedule (http://co.za/schedule.shtml) suspensions should have been done on the 18th May.

The way I understand it the domain should already be set for 'deletion' as it has already passed the 'suspension' date.
Also take into consideration the following - you can check the deletion date to see if its affected