Coca-Cola, Facing Backlash, Says 'Be Less White' Learning Plan Was About Workplace Inclusion

EADC

Executive Member
Eish that sucks for some especially on here the only reason for their failure is being born a POC.

I don't see being born a POC as a failure but being born a POC in a unequal society that is largely based on skin colour can be a route to failure but that could also be due to many factors.

So I do agree to an extent with your statement.

JuliusSeizure

Cancel culture is against the individual. Attempting to get them to lose their job, influence etc and the crazed masses can usually not be persuaded to stop, no matter what.

This is more a case of boycotting against a company whose ethics you disagree with. Once they rectify the situation the boycott will usually stop.

Fact is that Coca-Cola is so successful, a bunch of people from Mybb not supporting it won't make much of a difference to them.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Let's boycott Coca Cola!

Julius is having coffee/tea with Mazzoti while you lot are busy being unproductive.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Let's boycott Coca Cola!

Julius is having coffee/tea with Mazzoti while you lot are busy being unproductive.
Can't, don't drink it. Jannieverjaar for me, although I hear people look down on it locally. :p

lived666

Executive Member
Are
Let's boycott Coca Cola!

hmmm, boycott just the coke drink or the Coca-Cola company? Then also have to boycott apple and grapetizers, Schweppes, cappy, powerade, fanta and sprite, fuze tea and one or two others...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Are

hmmm, boycott just the coke drink or the Coca-Cola company? Then also have to boycott apple and grapetizers, Schweppes, cappy, powerade, fanta and sprite, fuze tea and one or two others...
Entire company. Isn't Vitamin something water (forgot what it's called) also part of Coca Cola?

grok

Honorary Master
Fact is that Coca-Cola is so successful, a bunch of people from Mybb not supporting it won't make much of a difference to them.
Not the point, it makes a hellova difference to us. Besides, the same was said of e-tolls and Spur and Multichoice & just check nowadays how sorry they are..

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Not the point, it makes a hellova difference to us. Besides, the same was said of e-tolls and Spur and Multichoice & just check nowadays how sorry they are..
Multichoice were always going to lose subscribers due to competition from cheaper options with more content. Spur is too small not to feel the pinch. e-Toll was a national effort.

JuliusSeizure

The difference is that Multichoice was only confined to a minority of South Africans before this. The majority of South Africans consume Coca-Cola and they won't stop.

Any campaign to boycott it will fail hilariously.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Gents...I am happy to report I've made progress in being less white. Couple hours in the sun & sorted

Nqindi

Expert Member
Let me guess, the same people that are always saying " it'S JuST wORds, StOp bEiNg sEnsItIvE" are offended?

Flanders

Honorary Master
Eish that sucks for some especially on here the only success they have is being born white.

Time for a bit of introspection?

If the story had been "be less black" and then some fscktard came along and made the same comment directed at the target group, you'd have something to say without a doubt.