Coca-Cola, Facing Backlash, Says 'Be Less White' Learning Plan Was About Workplace Inclusion

Grant

Honorary Master
The slides included tips to learners on how to be "less white, less arrogant, less certain, less defensive, less ignorant and more humble."

"In the U.S. and other Western nations, white people are socialized to feel that they are inherently superior because they are white," one of the slides read. "Research shows that by age 3 to 4, children understand that it is better to be white."
That seems a bit dumb.

Instead of asking one group to downgrade, it may serve everyone better if the other groups were encouraged to upgrade.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I can't dance, I hate rap, understand how to wear caps correctly, my underwear is optimally placed and not visible, I speak actual english..... I'm too white, there is no reforming me..... guess I will just continue not drinking coke like I have done for more than a decade by now anyway....

rvZA

Expert Member
pepsi-logo-blauer_schriftzug-1024x733.jpg

VooDooC

Expert Member
I guess the best thing to do is to openly drink Coke with your Brandy every chance you get. There's nothing as white as a "Brandy en Coke langs die braai" make it Buffelsfontein just for that extra added pinch of "arrogance"

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Oh well, time for a large base of their market to stop buying their product and buy Pepsi or any other competitor's products.
Own goals...own goals everywhere.

Sollie

Honorary Master
That seems a bit dumb.

Instead of asking one group to downgrade, it may serve everyone better if the other groups were encouraged to upgrade.
Damn you. Of you go to a reeducation camp. You're not allowed to think about these things.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
'Less white''?

Is this that BS where they say being punctual with a focus on meritocracy is racist?

BraBean

Honorary Master
"Be less white" ???? And Coca-cola is black in color, this would've been a great word play in a ad slogan......few years back.