Coca-Cola, Facing Backlash, Says 'Be Less White' Learning Plan Was About Workplace Inclusion

Grant

Honorary Master
I can see their point though about being less white. Hair like this is a mission to maintain and in addition to having to put on all that skin toner every morning there is the risk of running late for work. Makes sense. It will be difficult though because everybody wants to be white.

Step aside.
A local challenger approaches
images - 2021-02-23T143003.029.jpeg

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Ja I blame you vit okes for suffering from white guilt to such an extent, that you come up with ridiculously overcompensated ideas like this Cock-a-Cola episode.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Newsweek wants clicks,

"The Confronting Racism course featuring Robin DiAngelo is no longer available in our course library, at the request of the 3rd party content provider we licensed this content from," LinkedIn vice president of corporate communications Nicole Leverich told Newsweek in an email on Monday.

that course didn't go away because Coca Cola and some non-mainstream outrage.

DiAngelo's course have been long available, and will continue to be available.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Like if I were to just mention white people and sensitive in the same sentence, how many mentions do you think I will get?
Aaaah. Maybe, as a white person, while being less certain, (as per Coca-Cola's teachings) I should also be less sensitive?

Guess they missed that one hey. :D

SoldierMan

Expert Member

Cartoon network stuff at the end...God help us.

These people are frikken nuts, not only have they drank the kool aid they have downed the whole jug.
Imagine teaching kids this kind of stuff it's tantamount to teaching kids to self-hate.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I haven't previously seen the Lynda (LinkedIn) course page, the contents page...

Capture.PNG

In SA, race is permanently on the table. Just see the EFF statement I posted today.

The third-party provider is Big Think, they authored the course on LinkedIn Learning,

Here it is on their website,

Capture2.PNG

To see how she applied it to our context it is viewable in the UCT video I posted somewhere earlier.