zs-kev

Sorry to throw you guys off topic, but does anyone have any idea where I can get a 350ml milk pitcher from? It seem like the entire country is out of stock. Looked on Amazon, but works out to be more expensive unfortunately. The 600ml I got with the machine is just way to big for 1 or 2 flat whites / cappuccinos. Any help would be appreciated.

Wide

Sorry to throw you guys off topic, but does anyone have any idea where I can get a 350ml milk pitcher from? It seem like the entire country is out of stock. Looked on Amazon, but works out to be more expensive unfortunately. The 600ml I got with the machine is just way to big for 1 or 2 flat whites / cappuccinos. Any help would be appreciated.
If you in jhb, Adriatic JHB east (keeps Motta at decent prices) or Equipment Cafe/Koldserve in Randburg or also Cafe Izzo (Ital Espresso works).

Online, Cape Coffee beans, Online coffee shop, Bialetti etc

Last edited:

zs-kev

If you in jhb, Adriatic JHB east (keeps Motta at decent prices) or Equipment Cafe/Koldserve in Randburg or also Cafe Izzo (Ital Espresso works).

Online, Cape Coffee beans, Online coffee shop, Bialetti etc
Thanks! I have tried pretty much all of those places, all out of stock. I do see that Bialetti has one, interesting design…has anyone got/tried it before? https://bialetti.co.za/product/milk-pitcher/

RedViking

Nord of the South
Buy a breville. Keep the jug. Sell the Breville. :sneaky:

zs-kev

Buy a breville. Keep the jug. Sell the Breville. :sneaky:
That’s gonna be one of the most expensive milk pitchers ever! Not to mention the hassle of having to then go and sell the machine lol!

I went ahead and bought a 300ml Bialetti milk pitcher, now I just need to be able to get some sort of latte art…currently get nothing.

Last edited:

Wide

Thanks! I have tried pretty much all of those places, all out of stock. I do see that Bialetti has one, interesting design…has anyone got/tried it before? https://bialetti.co.za/product/milk-pitcher/
They okayish, but at that price point don't expect too much. They not badly priced so will allow you to buy a better one once the better stuff is back in stock. Ideally sharper spout for latte art.

If you don't mind me suggesting a video for latte art that is brilliant. I watch it every now and then to refresh bad habits.

RedViking

Nord of the South
They okayish, but at that price point don't expect too much. They not badly priced so will allow you to buy a better one once the better stuff is back in stock. Ideally sharper spout for latte art.

If you don't mind me suggesting a video for latte art that is brilliant. I watch it every now and then to refresh bad habits.

Latte Boutjies

zs-kev

To be honest, if it works as a milk pitcher I am happy. For me latte art is not super important, if I can make a tasty flat white, I’m happy!

Vetseun

I picked up the 350ml jug from YuppieChef and it does the job!

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 36

Deanoblado

Hi guys, I've been looking around for a second hand machine that wont break the bank. where is the best place to look. I am ready to move up a level from my daily moka express and ready to try my hand at expresso. I have seen a few second hand Breville express going around 5k. is this a nice starting point into the life if expresso?

Wide

Hi guys, I've been looking around for a second hand machine that wont break the bank. where is the best place to look. I am ready to move up a level from my daily moka express and ready to try my hand at expresso. I have seen a few second hand Breville express going around 5k. is this a nice starting point into the life if expresso?
What drinks do you mostly drink (espresso or milk based), this should determine the type of machine you should look out for. If only Espresso- single boiler should be fine. At R5k not much good stuff available so may have to look into "All in one type machines", Breville should be ok.
Personally don't like all in one and automatic machines, if you can look into Rancilio silvia but may be a bit more than your R5k budget second hand. You would still need a grinder then.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Can try Facebook Market Place. I won't buy something that I haven't tested myself and make sure it comes with all the accessories.
1625503720517.png

Otherwise you can also try:

Deanoblado

What drinks do you mostly drink (espresso or milk based), this should determine the type of machine you should look out for. If only Espresso- single boiler should be fine. At R5k not much good stuff available so may have to look into "All in one type machines", Breville should be ok.
Personally don't like all in one and automatic machines, if you can look into Rancilio silvia but may be a bit more than your R5k budget second hand. You would still need a grinder then.

I currently drink black, no sugar with the occasional milk drink at home. so Americano is my go to drink. Getting a no bitter shot is my main goal.
I def want a manual machine and not auto. I like to get into the science of making a good coffee.

wonduhboy

Rather take the money and buy the best grinder you can first - 5k should get you a decent grinder.
Then you can save up again for the machine - the BBE is a good starting point, but not without a really good grinder.