Collection 1 data breach leaks 773 million records

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Something weird about the site where you check your email address. I checked email addresses of (retirees) people that left the company >8 years ago and it returns "you've been pwned". I am skeptical.

Praeses

Expert Member
Something weird about the site where you check your email address. I checked email addresses of (retirees) people that left the company >8 years ago and it returns "you've been pwned". I am skeptical.
Why? It just means that their e-mail addresses were leaked at some point during its existence on other websites where they e.g. subscribed to something - why skeptical?

mister

Executive Member
why skeptical? it shows which services they were using that were compromised?

RedViking

Nord of the South
You think your problems go away once you retired?

sajunky

Honorary Master
Something weird about the site where you check your email address.
Check your Email address on such Website, no matter what reply is, your Email address is collected. .LOL.

ED: fixed a quote formatting

Last edited:

eg2505

Honorary Master
yip got the mail this time, need to get to changing my password.

D tj

One of my email addresses:

ViewFines: In May 2018, the South African website for viewing traffic fines online known as ViewFines suffered a data breach. Over 934k records containing 778k unique email addresses were exposed and included names, phone numbers, government issued IDs and passwords stored in plain text.
Compromised data: Email addresses, Government issued IDs, Names, Passwords, Phone numbers

Daruk

Honorary Master
Who else finds it a little disturbing that Troy's site leaks data about services you're subscribed to? Anyone can enter any email address and see what you've subbed to if you've been pwned.