Colonialism wasn't all bad‚ says Helen Zille

Knyro

Honorary Master
I see the filthy hypocrite won't acknowledge "the good" done by Nazi Germany. There she goes AGAIN going on a random twitter rant costing the DA votes for no reason and perpetuating the "party for racist whites" image.

Those angry tweets by young black people with access to the internet? Yeah that's you pissing off the DA's only hope of ever winning an election. All so that you can be edgy and trigger people online.

But as usual another BS apology came apologizing for a tweet that "may have offended" came. As if it was just a single tweet instead of being followed up by a series of more tweets defending her view.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
@NomalangaSA: “Im sure next youll tell Jews to look at the positive side of Nazi Germany... we cant trust you ma'm (sic).”

Aaag jisses foeitog.
Not enough shoulders for all the tjips.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
But one of her party members‚ Mbali Ntuli‚ who has on several occasions called her out on her opinions and tweets‚ disagreed with her.

“It was ONLY negative!! Colonialism=development argument is trash as those subjugated can attest to (sic)‚” replied Ntuli.

“It’s like saying Nazism was good for German democracy and their advancements in technology‚” added Ntuli.

But Zille‚ replying to another twitter user‚ @GrahamDowns‚ said: “I do not know what positive Hitler produced. He stoked up nationalism and authoritarianism and genocide‚ and destruction.”

@Lazola_Ndamase‚ said: “The judicial system is colonial hence it sends blacks to jail & leaves land thieves & apartheid murderers untouched.”

@NomalangaSA also responded: “Im sure next youll tell Jews to look at the positive side of Nazi Germany... we cant trust you ma'm (sic).”

@Kobbibrwn‚ was not as polite‚ saying “thats ******d up helen. whats good infrastructure gon do for me when im oppressed (sic).”
This is where education comes into play, colonialism is here directly compared to Nazism. Ignoring colonialism, tribalism is hailed as the king. Apartheid messed the people up on all sides, but then one needs to explore why colonialism is also viewed as negatively elsewhere, and why colonialism is only associated with the white man. Never mind that the many Bantu people are as much colonial to SA as the European and British, and Indian, and Chinese, and...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Fek me, the chips on peoples shoulders are astounding.

Colonialism was not being justified but it did bring positives with it and to deny those positives makes a person look stupid in my opinion.

Knyro

Honorary Master

Colonialism was not being justified but it did bring positives with it and to deny those positives makes a person look stupid in my opinion.
I hope you're counting the chip on Helen's shoulder as well seeing as how she won't acknowledge the positives of the Nazi regime.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I hope you're counting the chip on Helen's shoulder as well seeing as how she won't acknowledge the positives of the Nazi regime.
I very definitely am.. it applies on all sides in my opinion.

Nazi Germany was an atrocity that plunged the world into a war, but it DID have positives in some ways

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Colonialism is still exploitation, no matter how we look at it. To be honest, historically, there are not many long-standing (or good-standing) relationships between the colonists and the indigenous peoples. The negatives outweigh the positives, perhaps not in the colonist’s view, you know what I mean. People simply do not share the same experience…

Nobody is blaming the Romans, do they? Who’s blaming the Zulu's?

C4Cat

Executive Member

She's talking nonsense. All those positives could have been introduced without colonialism, through trade, sharing of knowledge, alliances and mutual respect. The idea that the oppression and subjugation through the establishment of colonies was necessary for development is nonsense.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
LOL. Helen Zille is an imbecile. Whether what she says is true or valid is irrelevant. Any politician with an IQ in the double digits, should know that this sort of comment is best shared around the braai with close friends or family. Not to the world at large. Thanks for handing back some if not all of the votes you got from your opposition and playing right into their hands.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The thing is though, Nazism is not colonialism. The people rallied behind a cause… It like saying that colonialism is Apartheid, Apartheid it is an ideology turned into abusive legislation by a minority through control.

Acid0

Expert Member
The problem in our country is due to the media and the government, because the minute you talk about Colonialism then every bodies mind change the word to Apartheid/oppression.

But she is right that it brought a lot of things we all enjoy today, but just like all the other comments it also brought the bad stuff and that is what everybody remembers and not the good part either.
The issue is that she needs to word her tweets much better as there is no emotion attached to online text.

So what she means and what she types does not always come across the same thing