Colonialism wasn't all bad‚ says Helen Zille

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
So you don't care but want different sources.
Rodriguez, Junius P. The Historical Encyclopedia of World Slavery. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 1997. P. 410.
So you do the same thing...or worse, forget a link, you don't even provide a quote.

Milano

Honorary Master
You think the black majority of this country or the ANC will ever allow a white president again? Not a chance.
Does it end at a white president though? Or would you require an entirely white cabinet too?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
How time flies, just 230 years after US President 1.
whites have ran the show for longer than that in South Africa despite being the minority for all that time ...

You think the black majority of this country or the ANC will ever allow a white president again? Not a chance.
of course not, but to state it is simply about demographics is incorrect

TIA would be more accurate

Milano

Honorary Master
whites have ran the show for longer than that in South Africa despite being the minority for all that time ...
So therefore much longer than the US but instead with enforced white leadership put in place by a white minority. Yeah I think you'll need to wait a while longer than 1994 (i.e.democracy) + 230 years in SA. But good luck with the project.

Swa

Honorary Master
Does it end at a white president though? Or would you require an entirely white cabinet too?
No but that is not my point. We aren't as unified as the picture presented to the world and everything is still decided more along racial lines.

Milano

Honorary Master
No but that is not my point. We aren't as unified as the picture presented to the world and everything is still decided more along racial lines.
SA is a majority black country. Just because the US got a black president 230 years into its democracy hardly means SA will get a white president 25 years into our democracy.

The skin colour of the president is a non-issue. I described the leadership I want and I don't care what colour that it is. And no, like I said, I do not for one moment believe I will ever see that leadership in SA in my lifetime (irrespective of its skin colour).

Swa

Honorary Master
SA is a majority black country. Just because the US got a black president 230 years into its democracy hardly means SA will get a white president 25 years into our democracy.

The skin colour of the president is a non-issue. I described the leadership I want and I don't care what colour that it is. And no, like I said, I do not for one moment believe I will ever see that leadership in SA in my lifetime (irrespective of its skin colour).
As I said I don't expect it to happen, ever. It's not just a time factor. But on the leadership front you're correct. No African country South of the Sahara has a stellar leadership.

ponder

Honorary Master
The skin colour of the president is a non-issue.
How ignorant are you? I don't care for the colour of the president's skin but I can tell you right now sa will never again have a white president for at least 200yrs and that's being optimistic. Colour is an issue, get your head out of your arse.

Milano

Honorary Master
How ignorant are you? I don't care for the colour of the president's skin but I can tell you right now sa will never again have a white president for at least 200yrs and that's being optimistic. Colour is an issue, get your head out of your arse.
A non-issue to me numbnuts. When you pulled out that one sentence did you read any words before or after it? And stop disagreeing with me while agreeing with me. How did you manage to copy what I said, present it as your opinion and then disagree with it? It makes you seem unstable.

ponder

Honorary Master
A non-issue to me numbnuts. When you pulled out that one sentence did you read any words before or after it? And stop disagreeing with me while agreeing with me. How did you manage to copy what I said, present it as your opinion and then disagree with it? It makes you seem unstable.
Good for you.

Reactions: Swa