Come on Vodacom. My iPhone 5 works perfect!

romzido

I bought an iPhone 5 from overseas. Works like a charm on Vodacom . I have all the features but not the SMS function: I can receive messages but can not send from my phone. Not a big issue. Having the iPhone 5 in hands is so much of a different experience than what one can see on the net and magazines. The built quality is faultless. The navigation system works well and the 3D rendering in maps is great. It replaced my iPhone 4. The issues between iOS and Android I just don't want to get into. I am using both systems. I have a Samsung galaxy SIII and it just fades in comparison in terms of built quality. A lot of the features in the SIII are more gimmicky than really useful. And my professional apps on the iPhone are just so much better. I hope it gets released soon in South Africa. From earlier posts it seemed it would be available either end November or early December. And seriously I don't see why Vodacom takes so much time testing the device . Mine has got NO issue so far apart from the one described above, the model is the A 1429 GSM model.

Trubore

Lol... Dude I really love all my apple products, but this is just to much...

almesallaty

mine is the same model A1429 GSM and works perfect with vodacom..but when i do device setup (*111#), vodacom reply that that my device is iphone 5 CDMA!!!!
can you check that please

romzido

mine is the same model A1429 GSM and works perfect with vodacom..but when i do device setup (*111#), vodacom reply that that my device is iphone 5 CDMA!!!!
can you check that please

*111# sends the message UNKNOWN UNKNOWN No settings available for this device

romzido

I really don't know what do the dudes at Vodacom check for so long, can someone provide any help because my phone seems to be working just as fine as with the iPhone 4!

azbob

Honorary Master
Can you charge it in the oven? Lol didn't think so. Sit down.

romzido

If I have any new issue, I will report. If anyone with the phone , please share.

romzido

You're just bragging really innit :p
it is just a phone. no bragging around. It is also very well made, and believe me it is quite different from the iphone 4. People just expect miracles from Apple thus the underwhelming reception.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Can't get enough of that S Voice hey

Yes, that's a gimmick ;)

But let's be honest - neither phone is streets ahead of the other.
Neither phone pales in comparison to the other

There have been tons of articles of people switching from one to the other and being pleasantly surprised. You'll obviously get people that'll prefer one over the other for various reason, but they're pretty close phones.

When someone says you can't compare them as the one is far superior, they kinda kill their own credibly IMO

cerebus

Honorary Master
If you've got both devices you're pretty much entitled to give any opinion you want. Aren't you the one referring us to your vast iPhone experience to inform us that it's become childish?