Companies with fake reviews on HelloPeter

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
A friend of mine was looking for a PS4 the other day and one of the sites that came up in Google was MrShopper.co.za, however it was immediate red flags when looking at their pricing compared to anywhere else.

Looking further into them and it just confirmed these suspicions so this is just a PSA that you should always be thorough when using customer reviews on HelloPeter as a trust indicator. MrShopper.co.za has over 100 reviews, most of which are clearly fake: https://www.hellopeter.com/mr-shopper?page=1

Their Facebook page also has 11k likes which I find highly suspect for a page that was created in May of this year.

If something looks too good to be true it normally is, don't trust strange unknown online stores! If you have doubts just ask around here, we have lots of BS detectors around.

On that note, anyone willing to test this theory? :laugh:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Hellopeter is 4.9 out of 10 for MrShopper.co.za
And Telkom is 1.6 out of 10

What is your point?

B-1

Expert Member
You can buy likes and reviews for plenty of sites. Its never a good idea to just blindly trust them

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Hello Peter expects money from businesses to respond to customer feedback, a type of black mail?

drnebil

I do confirm,
I have been scammed by an online website selling Laptops called laptop depot , for 8500 R, never send anything never refunded .
I posted a review that was removed for so called defamotory languange , which wasn't, removed words like scam and lying.
all the positive rating for this business is from new accounts, so probably fake.
I was trying to get people to contact me to join legal action, they removed it twice, meaning they are trying to protect this business that they can perpetuate trapping other people.
the business is not even registered with CIPC.
So if they keep removing negative ratings, and positive ones look all from new accounts, of course can't trust the rating.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
A friend of mine was looking for a PS4 the other day and one of the sites that came up in Google was MrShopper.co.za, however it was immediate red flags when looking at their pricing compared to anywhere else.

Looking further into them and it just confirmed these suspicions so this is just a PSA that you should always be thorough when using customer reviews on HelloPeter as a trust indicator. MrShopper.co.za has over 100 reviews, most of which are clearly fake: https://www.hellopeter.com/mr-shopper?page=1

Their Facebook page also has 11k likes which I find highly suspect for a page that was created in May of this year.

If something looks too good to be true it normally is, don't trust strange unknown online stores! If you have doubts just ask around here, we have lots of BS detectors around.

On that note, anyone willing to test this theory? :laugh:

And now we know:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master