Competition hits MTN SA revenue

o no.. the horror... <not>

Yah for competition. VC & MTN enjoyed their "monopoly" for way too long.

Market share declined by 2.7 percentage points to 31.9% as competition intensified in the pre-paid segment, the group said of its SA operation.

Has put a smile on my face.:) Finally, competition having an effect.

our one true premium network- cant believe people jump ship to cheaper cr@p offerings at cell c and voda and telkom mobile and sacrifice the premium experience MTN offers.

very short sighted... but they are clawing back it shows!

so engaging in a price war in the prepaid market didn't help MTNSA's bottom line ...

really unsurprising - the attempt to keep a de facto duopoly has cost them a fortune and delivered buggerall returns

so engaging in a price war in the prepaid market didn't help MTNSA's bottom line ...

really unsurprising - the attempt to keep a de facto duopoly has cost them a fortune and delivered buggerall returns

Adding to that the very poor client services being delivered by their stores and in general...

our one true premium network- cant believe people jump ship to cheaper cr@p offerings at cell c and voda and telkom mobile and sacrifice the premium experience MTN offers.

very short sighted... but they are clawing back it shows!

Lol,for a minute there I thought you were serious,thanks for the laughs though that's actually quite funny man.

MTN our one true premium network,hahahahahahaha,premium price yes.......:D

U get what u pay for mate.....

Leaving MTN in a few months when my contract expires. I don't get 3G at my home or office, where Vodacom and Cell C gets it. My whatsapps, hongouts etc takes ages to get delivered. For most of my time on this contract (6 years) I couldn't find out how much money money was left on my contract either by using *162# or by phoning in.

From what I am seeing I am paying for the worst service, so I would rather not pay for that.

Back