Computer Mania Online Shop

RedViking

Nord of the South
www.computermania.co.za

I have seen their links referenced here and there, so assume they are legit.

But what is your experience, specially after sales support and warranty support. What was the turn around time and RMA process like?

Also if you did run into some issues, did you manage to eventually sort it out, cause we know no-one is perfect (except my wife).

animehero

Expert Member
They have physical stores in Western Cape and Gauteng so definitely legit.
If you do decide to order from them, you have the option of collecting from store, however I cant answer you on those other things

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
I first bought from them in 1998, a 3DLabs Permedia 2 and 64MB PC-100 RAM.

I, too, cannot answer on after sales support etc.

Edit - Oh wow, they look very different now. They used to have a blue and green logo, with Mania in a sort of handwritten font. No underscore, either.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Bought a DELL XPS I7 WIN 10 from them, fast service. It did not gave problems I needed them for, so no experience after sales but from what I saw in the shop I would like to believe it is still good, I had a choice between them and another shop. The other shop seemed clueless on the floor at that time.

Lupus

Honorary Master
They used to be pretty big in the late 90s, but seemed to fade when Incredible Connection took over.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Holy Moly
Are they still around?
I used to buy from them in the 90s when they were massive

Half_Frog

Expert Member
Bought 3 Asus Ryzen 5 lappys from them about 3 months ago. No issues at all

zolly

Expert Member
www.computermania.co.za

I have seen their links referenced here and there, so assume they are legit.

But what is your experience, specially after sales support and warranty support. What was the turn around time and RMA process like?

Also if you did run into some issues, did you manage to eventually sort it out, cause we know no-one is perfect (except my wife).

They're legit, but I only usually purchase small over the counter items from them when I need to. Never needed after sales support.

joshuatree

Expert Member
They are a franchise store, and have physical stores in probably every major mall in the Western Cape, and even in the " new " Village Square Durbanville.

Have bought a laptop, etc from them - were the best priced at the time.

L-Dog

Expert Member
They are massive in Gauteng have a shop in almost every mall, basically the main competition to incredible connection for the average joe who doesn't use wootware, titin ice, rebel tech etc. Have decent specials from time to time

Reactions: Yuu