Concerns about the iPhone 6 I sold 2 years ago

46Female

Expert Member
about 2 years ago I sold my iPhone 6
I wiped the phone to factory settings
they took 2 years to use the phone and when they turned the phone on it asked for the pin code to unlock the phone obviously it was cleared or wiped to factory settings so I didn't have one
they took the phone to unlock it and they were charged 5k with that they were also able to access everything I had ever done on the phone and get access to my Apple ID which I don't use anymore so I don't know if its true

I want to know if its possible for them to get access to my old Apple ID?
if I wiped the phone or to factory settings can they get access to this?

Elon

If you did a factory reset it shouldn’t be asking for a passcode , are you sure you completed the process ?

Did you have an iCloud account and do you remember the login details?

N@t3

Wiping the phone doesn't remove the icloud lock, hence you need to sign out off icloud before resetting. They would of used some back door method to bypass the icloud lock but no way will they have access to the icloud credentials as that process uses software.

46Female

Expert Member
im not giving them any money I just want to know if they didn't turn the phone on for 2 years would it ask for screen lock code? to unlock the phone and can they pay someone to gain access to my WhatsApp and gmail email which I use for work so I still use it

ld13

Honorary Master
im not giving them any money I just want to know if they didn't turn the phone on for 2 years would it ask for screen lock code? to unlock the phone and can they pay someone to gain access to my WhatsApp and gmail email which I use for work so I still use it

Whatsapp is linked to a cellphone number. Gmail/email/icloud is linked and each have a password. Reset all your passwords. Log out of all sessions etc. Done?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
no its just work very boring
If it's your current Gmail account you can go into your Google account and your old iPhone should come up as a recent device, assuming they do have access like you say they have

46Female

Expert Member
I don't have a capital account so they are more than welcome to have full access to something ive got nothing to do with

good luck to them!!!!

that's money wasted if you ask me

gottagoon

Executive Member
I don't have a capital account so they are more than welcome to have full access to something ive got nothing to do with

good luck to them!!!!

that's money wasted if you ask me
And I thought I had problems lol
Stay positive and loveable.

Willem shakes a spear.