Concerns over COVID-19 vaccines being stolen in South Africa

Mekon

Expert Member
This misery of a country gets funnier with each passing day, so it's a joke of a country? :unsure:

RVQ

Expert Member
Very thin detail to produce such a headline. Frankly I can't see anyone in their right mind wanting to get injected with a 'grey market' vaccine...
You'd be surprised what some people are willing to do or take when told by someone that is considered trustworthy... traditional healers , religious leaders, etc. get their following to do some crrraazzy ****...

If the pandemic taught me anything, its the large majority of the human population globally lacks basic common sense and the ability to comprehend simple guidance

barkhausen

If your immune system is compromised and you have a chronic disease then the risks are very much higher of coming a candidate for Covid 19 infection .But if your immune system is strong and you are healthy then the risk is vey low of becoming infected with Covid 19.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Very thin detail to produce such a headline. Frankly I can't see anyone in their right mind wanting to get injected with a 'grey market' vaccine...
Luister hier!

This are the land where pastors spray people with DOOM and they donate more monies

You betcha they'll queue up to get 'superior' 'cheaper actually' 'grey market' vaccine

krycor

Honorary Master
But who would want a black market jab if they can get it at a decent facility?

Who said it would be sold as a black market product.. like with fuel theft, it will be supplied & sold to pharmacies & doctors who on sell to the unsuspecting desperate consumer.

Consumer education is needed in a big way.. why? Well while the tolerance of temperature fluctuations in Oxford/Astra and J&J vaccines make it tolerable to store in a retail fridge.. efficacy drops. I don’t think thieves care too much about monitoring temp when stealing and the on seller won’t care as much in a limited market either.. nor will the consumer who might not be on the “approved” list to get it either.