Conditions of reporting content?

RuhanSA079

Hi guys,

Under what conditions can I, as a fellow MyBBer, report content (Posts, Users or Threads, etc) as malicious, hateful or just plain common spam like shady abortion clinic ads, for example? Sarcasm excluded...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Hi guys,

Under what conditions can I, as a fellow MyBBer, report content (Posts, Users or Threads, etc) as malicious, hateful or just plain common spam like shady abortion clinic ads, for example? Sarcasm excluded...
That is subjective. If it offends/concerns/upsets you enough then report it. Nobody can tell you what you can and cannot report. It is then up to the mods to use their discretion.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Hi guys,

Haven't you learnt anything the past 2 years?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hi guys,

I've reported you post as it is not according to the guidelines. Go read the rules before you make posts like this. :p

Last edited:

ekske1

Executive Member
Hi guys,

I'd never report a post or use the ignore. If you get to a point where something so small can trigger you; then it is rather easy to control you.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I'd never report a post or use the ignore. If you get to a point where something so small can trigger you; then it is rather easy to control you.
Then why do you get so offended?

ekske1

Executive Member
Then why do you get so offended?
Its just my opinion, quite sure I am allowed to add it. Having an opinion is being offended or am I misunderstanding you?

"I'd never report a post or use the ignore." - that being offended?

or was it

"If you get to a point where something so small can trigger you; then it is rather easy to control you."

I present the more fuller reply and explanation

I'll try again:

If the op wants to report it then he/she can. I really have no problem with it at all, but for myself personally I would like not to report a post or use the ignore function as I believe that I should not have posts make me feel tense and agitated to the point of being offended or needing to report them.

It is kind of the same I would think as this "If words control you, that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass " which I recently found and thought it was kinda cool. From there I would see it as a good practice; which for me is the same as not (excuse my swearing) give a **** and let it be.

I hope this reply is better.

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Its just my opinion, quite sure I am allowed to add it. Having an opinion is being offended or am I misunderstanding you?
There you go again. Triggered. Just relax for a change. People can do what they want to, you don't need to control everything.

ekske1

Executive Member
There you go again. Triggered. Just relax for a change. People can do what they want to, you don't need to control everything.
My friend. I am asking a question... please help me understand why you think I was offended.

RedViking

Nord of the South
My friend. I am asking a question... please help me understand why you think I was offended.
The fact that you immediately find it offensive when someone use the report button. You just have to explain yourself. Can't use the report button, but you can complain about it. Irony.